R4i card literally melted

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a troll/make up story/ or some fancy click bait thing. I have no idea on how this could've happened other than heat from my monitor melted the cheap plastic and it doesn't even get that hot. Such a shame really had this thing for like 10+ years. It wasn't really important to me more of a nik-nack I used to look at but damn 🤣

No it wasn't glued down or anything spilled it was literally in one empty area.

20231119_232002.jpg
20231119_231949.jpg

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This isn't a troll/make up story/ or some fancy click bait thing. I have no idea on how this could've happened other than heat from my monitor melted the cheap plastic and it doesn't even get that hot. Such a shame really had this thing for like 10+ years. It wasn't really important to me more of a nik-nack I used to look at but damn 🤣

View attachment 405075View attachment 405076
There's a kind of plastic that melts in contact with another kind of plastic.
It's happened to me before with Erasers and Pencils/Pens.

Is like, both plastics reacts/activates with prolonged contact with each other, thus the "melting" happens, which is nothing but a chemical bonding.

Can't remember exactly what plastics are active here.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 405075View attachment 405076
The PCB inside should be alright if you scrape off the melted plastic, then you can place it inside of a new shell. Reuse one out of an old Gold Pro card or other clone.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W-jzom3X0QU