R4i 3DS Gold - White screen when turned on

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Incognito2me, Jan 23, 2013.

Jan 23, 2013
  1. Incognito2me

Incognito2me Newbie

As mentioned in the title, I just bought an R4i 3DS Gold from real hot stuff. I inserted a 32gb microsd card containing Wood 1.56 (from www.r4ids.cn - same as on the packaging and card). The card is recognized in my DS Lite with the Deep labyrinth logo, but when I click it both screens turn white and nothing else happens. I've tried formatting the card with SDFormatter and with older Wood firmwares, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
  3. Incognito2me

Incognito2me Newbie

That's right. Downloaded and extracted to the base folder of the microsd card (so there is the _rpg folder and _DS_MENU.dat in the root of the card). Worth noting that I tried with two different microsd cards with no success)

4. Edsonkye

Newcomer Edsonkye Member

Australia
    Just try the following method:
    1.Download the latest WOOD R4 firmware from ftp://r4idsdown:r4idsdown@soft.r4ids.cn/Wood_R4iGold_V1.56.rar
    and unzip it, put the file “__rpg” and “_DS_MENU.DAT” into the root of your SD card;
    2.Then download the latest patch: ftp://r4idsdown:r4idsdown@soft.r4ids.cn/R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch.rar
    Unzip it, you will get two patch, if you use DSL, just copy the patch file “R4iGold_3DS44_Patch_NDSL.nds” to the root of your SD card;
    (If you use DSi, put the related patch “R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSi.nds” into the root of your SD card,
    3.Insert your r4i gold 3ds and SD card into your DSL console.Just power your NDSL on and boot up R4iGold_3DS44_Patch_NDSL.nds
    4.Complete the updating at the prompt.After updating, you may need to unplug the card, then insert it again.