R4i 3DS Gold problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by glan20, Jan 21, 2012.

Jan 21, 2012

R4i 3DS Gold problem by glan20 at 8:13 PM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. glan20
    OP

Newcomer glan20 Newbie

United States
    Hello,

As said in the description, it looks like the flashcart can't write to the SD card. It doesn't specifically say this (and I'm only guessing it), but when I change the WOOD's (v1.43) settings, the SD card symbol flashes but the process never completes. I can't start a game either, because starting a game for the first time creates a save for it, and the thing can't write to the SD card. I've reformatted the SD card using the SD Association's formatter twice, but that doesn't help.

The 3DS model is the Zelda 25th Anniversary one (if that makes a difference); firmware version is 3.0.0-6.

Could it be my SD card (EDIT: it's 2GB) or the R4i 3DS? The latter appears to have come from www.r4ids.cn (as written on the package).

Thanks in advance.

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Remove-the-write-protection-on-a-Micro-SD./?ALLSTEPS

see here

3. glan20
    OP

Newcomer glan20 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for replying, but that doesn't work. I believe the micro SD has never had write protection to begin with (only the regular SD does). Besides, I can read and write to it on computer fine with micro SD adapters.

4. glan20
    OP

Newcomer glan20 Newbie

United States
    Bump.

Is it the R4's fault or is it my microSD's? I've even bought a 4GB micro SDHC and it still doesn't work.

Also, is it right to put the Wood OS files (from http://www.r4ids.cn/) in the microSD's root? Do I need anything else?

Thanks.

5. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    It seems very strange. Would you please send a mail on it to r4idsn@163.com?