R4i 3DS gold cart update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Novaflare, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Novaflare
    OP

Novaflare Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2012
    Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for creating yet another topic about this, I have tried searching through the archives but didn't find anything.

I currently have a R4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn) with the spongebob icon (English characters) and a non updated 3ds (still on 1.1.0-0E firmware) which I'd like to update to the next firmware version to be able to unlock the e-shop (doesnt have to be the latest 3.0.0-6, not sure if it is automatic).

Since I don't have a ds around, I intend to preemptively update the flashcart so it will be able to handle the updated 3ds firmware. I have downloaded the 2.0.0-4 patch from the official website, however it contains 2 files, with instructions saying basically "you updated and the icon is broken, use file NDSL, or if not broken use file NDSi instead".

Since I have no way of knowing how the 3ds will behave after the update, which patch file should I apply? Is there a way to guess how the icon will react?

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    run DSi update if using on a 3DS

and i hope thats a type
    2.0.0-4 patch
    do you mean
    2.2.0-4

3. Novaflare
    OP

Novaflare Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2012
    EDIT: The readme file included with the patch actually confirms the NDSi file should be used for 3ds.

Sorry for the waste of space, thanks for your help!

////// Problem solved, topic closed //////

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice