Hacking R4i 3DS gold cart update

Novaflare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for creating yet another topic about this, I have tried searching through the archives but didn't find anything.

I currently have a R4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn) with the spongebob icon (English characters) and a non updated 3ds (still on 1.1.0-0E firmware) which I'd like to update to the next firmware version to be able to unlock the e-shop (doesnt have to be the latest 3.0.0-6, not sure if it is automatic).

Since I don't have a ds around, I intend to preemptively update the flashcart so it will be able to handle the updated 3ds firmware. I have downloaded the 2.0.0-4 patch from the official website, however it contains 2 files, with instructions saying basically "you updated and the icon is broken, use file NDSL, or if not broken use file NDSi instead".

Since I have no way of knowing how the 3ds will behave after the update, which patch file should I apply? Is there a way to guess how the icon will react?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for creating yet another topic about this, I have tried searching through the archives but didn't find anything.

I currently have a R4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn) with the spongebob icon (English characters) and a non updated 3ds (still on 1.1.0-0E firmware) which I'd like to update to the next firmware version to be able to unlock the e-shop (doesnt have to be the latest 3.0.0-6, not sure if it is automatic).

Since I don't have a ds around, I intend to preemptively update the flashcart so it will be able to handle the updated 3ds firmware. I have downloaded the 2.0.0-4 patch from the official website, however it contains 2 files, with instructions saying basically "you updated and the icon is broken, use file NDSL, or if not broken use file NDSi instead".

Since I have no way of knowing how the 3ds will behave after the update, which patch file should I apply? Is there a way to guess how the icon will react?
run DSi update if using on a 3DS

and i hope thats a type
2.0.0-4 patch
do you mean
2.2.0-4

Novaflare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: The readme file included with the patch actually confirms the NDSi file should be used for 3ds.

Sorry for the waste of space, thanks for your help!

////// Problem solved, topic closed //////

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)