Hacking R4i 3DS Firmware 3.0.0-6U

Jabba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bought a new 3DS's for my son and daughter. I Formatted the micro 8 gb sd card (FAT 32) and loaded v1.51b firmware on it. Games played fine.

I think my sone updated the firmware because now the games on the card don't work. Get the error message "please power off unit" when we try to launchg the video game player.

Should I just wait for an upgrade to the R4i 3DS flash cart (www.r4i-sdhc.com) or will this take a long time for the coders to fix this problem?

My daughter's 3DS works fine, her firmware udser System settings is 2.1.0-4U. Shw obviously did not upgrade the OS firmware.

Should I just go ahead and buy the acekard 2i ? It there a better card? Can I downgrade the firmware on my son's 3DS (I have a hunch I can't do this).

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. Please joint me to the existing one if one exists.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/316575-3ds-300-6u-compatible-cards/

-Jabba

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
You could upgrade the R4i with your daughter's 3DS if it's upgradable and there's an upgrade for 3.0.0-5+
otherwise...it's gonna be smart to buy a new acekard2i IMO.
to summarize it for you:
1. Acekard2i: not too cheap and being updated regulary (most people have it)
2. SuperCard Two: said to be better (has a cpu, so can play gba games), pricey and it's been said that it drains the battery (because of its cpu)
3. R4i: the cheap one, really simple (too many variations, a lot of fakes out there, risky).

good luck!

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to go ahead and order the Acekard2i for 22.95 from ConsoleSource.com. Does this look like right one or is there a newer one?
http://www.consoleso...2i--p-2864.html
There is no way to tell from the picture. All the acekard 2i cards have the same sticker. Ask the seller up to which Nintendo firmware the card is compatible with. If it isn't compatible with your current firmware ask if they would be kind and update it for your firmware. Always remember to update the flash card before the DS. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.