R4i 3DS ; config menu, missing in Black theme?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Spacer_aiko, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Spacer_aiko
    OP

Spacer_aiko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2013
    Belgium
    Howdy everyone, I'm more of a 'google it do it myself' type of person but this time I appear to be stuck, and need the help of people who are way better at this then I am.

This morning I managed to get my R4i 3DS Gold card ( www.r4ids.cn) working just fine on my 3DSxl with the last update, however when I was browsing the UI's I hit the 'black' theme and installed it.

All fine and dandy but now the START button in the lower right screen won't respond and I can't get into the config menu anymore. I sorda need this for my cheats heh.

Is there a way to fix this ? I have tried formatting the SD card, putting everything back on it fresh (including starting a DLS with older R4 card to then swap it to update the program so it should run the update, like how I got it working in general ) however this clean state only got me a black screen.

So I'm using the backup but yeah ... not having a config menu kinda sucks.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Edit/remove the config file on the MicroSD from your PC?

3. NariIro

NariIro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    You MAY have enabled "Safe mode" i did that n accident before and just like Rydain said when i deleted that file i was able to use everything again.

another thing you can do it on your pc go into the cfg file and look for the following line:
    safemode = 0

If its anything other then 0 you wont be able to do anything except play games.

X:\__rpg\globalsettings.ini is the file youll be looking for.

4. Spacer_aiko
    OP

Spacer_aiko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2013
    Belgium
    aaah you guys are awesome, I did indeed put it on safe not thinking it would block the menu !
    (I was wondering if it was something dumb I did and yup *facepalm )

Thank you so much, both of you ,now I can finally enjoy my R4 C:

NariIro likes this.