Hacking r4i 3ds card not working in 3.0.0-6u

TheNinja724

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since i updated to the 3.0.0-6u firmware, my r4i 3ds card can't run.
Every time I load it, an error message pops up saying "An Error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button" etc.
I went to the website on the r4i card (www.r4ids.cn) and downloaded the latest firmware it recommended. (wood v1.43)
It still doesn't work, so I used my old ds lite to update it via wi-fi and it updated but still doesn't work.
can someone help me out.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am certain the wifi update is to update the wood firmware, not the bootloader's firmware. Updating wood won't make your cart run on your 3ds. Good thing you have a ds lite; you will only be able to update if your cart can run on the system.

1) Download the bootloader updater [here]
2) Place the file inside your micro sd card, along with wood r4 firmware
3) boot your r4i gold 3ds on your lite
4) boot the updater (downloaded on step 1)
5) Do as prompted and wait until the update process finishes

After updating successfully, your cart should run on the latest dsi/3ds firmwares.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the link for the boot loader requires a username and password.
I don't really know why that happened, but yes, it does require a username + password...

Go to your cart's official website's download page (http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html), then, go down to "The 3DS V2.2.0-4 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Nov.21th,2011)" and download that file.

Make sure you download the one that says "for R4i gold 3DS card only" since that website also has a non-3DS version (which uses a different updater).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)