Hacking R4DS hardly ever works, shall i replace it?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My R4DS is becoming more and more temperamental, it is hardly ever recognised by my ds anymore, even after blowing gently on the back of it T_T I don't know why i've always treated it like a child ¬.¬

I'm going to japan for a while, and i really don't wanted my only gaming source to stop working when i'm out there T_T

So do you guys think I should upgrade to an M3 Real? Is it really worth the money?
I gather that it's pretty easy to transfer over saves?
If so, where is the cheapest place to buy it from?

Or do u think I should wait till the new R4DS (which I heard is in development) is out, and hope my old one holds out until then?

jdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did u try the taping the front of the cart? I had similar problems, after taping my r4ds now works all the time.

jdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i should just add that taping a few layers of tape on the front so that the r4ds cart fits the contacts of the ds snugly..

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
get a g6 real or a cyclo ds, dispose of the R4DS or sell it while you can.

Maybe just do that when there are no more releases for the R4. Cuz I think that the lack of constant updates is what is making R4 users convert to newer and better carts. I'd actually keep the R4 for a backup. Just in case.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should never blow on your cartridges/cards, because you'll corrode the connectors. Instead you should clean them with isopropyl or ethyl alcohol(or Purell or any kind of hand sanitizer).

AKUC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
instead of using tape / replacing the whole thing, why don't you just buy a new shell for the R4DS from dealextreme or another supplier? That will most likely solve your problem (as I doubt it has anything to do with blowing on it).

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You should never blow on your cartridges/cards, because you'll corrode the connectors. Instead you should clean them with isopropyl or ethyl alcohol(or Purell or any kind of hand sanitizer).

Everybody just blows on the connectors, and I don't see how they can corrode if all you're doing is spraying some air on them.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Everybody just blows on the connectors, and I don't see how they can corrode if all you're doing is spraying some air on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosion

Specifically:

this means a loss of an electron of metals reacting with water and oxygen.

Saliva (which is always a byproduct from someone expelling air) is 99% water.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosion

Specifically:

this means a loss of an electron of metals reacting with water and oxygen.

Saliva (which is always a byproduct from someone expelling air) is 99% water.

Oops. Didn't know that. No more blowing air and spit in my DS for me.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I sold my R4 DS and got an M3 Real Perfect Bundle a week ago. Everything works fine, I can also play my GBA stuff plus a Rumble Pak. Saves are easily converted, just rename them from *.SAV to *.0 and you're good to go.
gba.gif

* edited due to sheer stupidity *
wtf.gif

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, my R4 has been real temperamental lately. Will randomly restart even if I'm not bumping the actual cartridge. Is this the same problem that taping the front will fix?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the late reply, been trying to sort out japan >.< tried all ur suggestions (ty for ur help) but with no luck T_T i will just order and M3 real and dump the R4, my bro's s also starting to break, so my guess is thats it's common that they only last around a year...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...