Hacking R4

blackflame23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I've had my R4 for a year now and I am completely bored/disappointed with the games. Are there any ones that are better than Pokemon. I am a fan of the Hack and Slash RPGs and as well games as good as Mario Kart. I'm also pretty down because every firmware I download from R4ds.com is always the same. It says that moonshell still has an error. I don't really know what's moonshell used for and I also wanna remove the error because I'm kind of a perfectionist addict when it comes to these things. My friend told me that it can be fixed if I just looked for some hombrew firmware like WOOD (?) right here, but I don't know what's he's talking about. I also heard that the R4 can be a Texas Instrument Calculator. Since I left my Calculator in my friend's house the whole summer, I was wondering if someone could show me a link to get Ti-84 emulator in case my parents will enroll me in summer school .

Do I ask to much?

YoshiChao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look for Wood R4. It's on the homepage. Can't help you with Moonshell, however I get the same error and it works fine. It just SAYS it's got an error.

Not sure about the Ti 84 emulator. Wait for another reply someone will know.

blackflame23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just to make sure can you answer these questions please?

1. What is WOOD firmware ? This is what I got on the Homepage

"Combat veterans and Brothers of Blood, A.W. and Y.W.G., were proceeded by the head of the Forum ORC. Sinew and entrails sloppily refinishing the wood floor with each wet bounce. “The R.P.G. has ended” reverberated through the chamber of the High half-blood prince, Costello. The goofy Shaun-Jester danced with delight, for all would drink the blood of the enemy this night"

2. What is Moonshell?

All I know is that it's a homebrew software that's installed on every R4 out there.

3. If I download Moonshell 2 does it mean that I can delete my Moonshell folder?

4. How do i install WOOD Firmware?

Do i delete the DS Menu, system and the other stuff like that. I won't be deleting the roms for sure though.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wood R4 is a replacement firmware for the R4. Get it now.

Moonshell is used to play videos, images and music. And some other stuff too but the media player function is the most important.

You can delete the Moonshell folder, but it's only a couple of MB large so I see no need to do it.

Instructions on how to install Wood R4 should be included as a readme in the package or something.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ellie said:
No idea, but common sense tells me that it would be so. I don't have an R4 nor do I have Wood, so I have no idea what the file structure is like.
Do yourself and us a favour and search the forum for "Wood FAQ". This and many more answers to frequently asked questions are in there. No need to ask this over and over. You're welcome, always glad to help.

[edit: it's near the top of the forum message list with 30 pages and 288 replies, en-counting]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro