R4 v1 ,R4 v2 ,R4 v3

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by soldialga, Mar 22, 2009.

1. soldialga
    OP

soldialga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2009
    United States
    Space
    whats the diffrence

its not firware its the flackart
    does v2 add new feature?

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    All are clones.

Since you're asking about them, I'm assuming you are thinking of buying one, so I'll answer simply:
    DON'T!

Get an AceKard2 and save yourself the headache and heartbreak of buying a junk card.

3. soldialga
    OP

soldialga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2009
    United States
    Space
    i know its fake

i just want to know why it say v2 ...

i never planed buying one

4. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    A lot of fake flashcarts like to dress up by pretending to be an upgrade.

5. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Because they want to convince you that it's better than the original R4. They may update something like SDHC support or game compatibility fixes, but in the end the R4 is still better because it's stable and it can use YSMenu.

6. Edragon

Edragon GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    erm.. i agree that R4 original is more stable and such but i believe that fake and clone R4 can run YSMenu fine (cant run the 1.18 official kernel)

7. Wolvenreign

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    R4-III gets regular firmware updates. I've tried them, and they actually do change things, such as updating the titles of the games so the icons show up. They have a changelog on the official site (r4dsl.net). I have the card, and it plays NDS roms just fine and dandy. Don't get too ambitious, though; it'll get you a major headache trying to get YSMenu to work, along with some of the codes requiring hours to tinker around with. My friend Triassic says that he got YSMenu to work with his R4-III. I have yet to obtain success.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to sell you the card; you're most likely better off with CycloDS Evolution from what I've heard. If you're not in the market for cheats/hacks and want a somewhat cheap card (16.50 at www.fundepots.com), R4-III will do you just fine until they stop support.