Hacking R4 v1.23, laggy menu?

ov312104c1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I saw on the front page, I saw that the R4i team's latest Kernal supported the old R4 users like me, I quickly deleted my YSMenu (yeah, stupid I know) becuase I missed having 4 pictures for my themes
tongue.gif

One major thing I noticed about my R4, is that when I'm scrolling my list of games, it feels so laggy. Like say I go from Game 1 and press down to Game 2, it takes half a second for it to respond on the top screen.

Also, when I'm in the cheat selection menu, when I press Left or Right on the D-Pad, it won't scroll down like half a page
frown.gif
Some of my games e.g. Megaman SF 3, has a few cheats that I would like to choose at the bottom of the list, and I don't want to scroll through every other cheat one by one until I reach it.

Help?
frown.gif

ov312104c1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But did you gaiz have the same problem(s) I did too?

I can't go back to 1.18
frown.gif
Won't support my Mega Man Star Force 3. White Screen of death ya know.

Sigh. YSMenu. I wish I could have more themes with you
tongue.gif

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never saw a problem with v1.18. Ever. Others had problems with game compatibility with 3000+ games. I had no problem at all, I didn't know wtf was going on. Games worked perfectly -.-
(W/O YSmenu)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
maybe you people need to reformat your msd cards using the panasonic formatter. i did just before dropping on the v1.23, and before testing for the news post. i have no problems with normal usage. i'm not cheating or doing anything fancy. i'm just playing roms and homebrew. its not laggy, it isn't slow, and i have no issues with it. with that said i'm using an old 1gb msd, perhaps the firmware has sdhc issues.

instead of bitching about it, like most of you seem to like to do, try running tests. your results will weigh more than your opinions.

people should also remember that this firmware is not even based on the r4 firmware. it might look the same but it comes from a known opensource firmware. they heavily modded that firmware and ported it to work on the r4i/r4ds kits. stop trying to compare it to the original, you can't because its not one in the same. its a completely new firmware for a very old and outdated unsupported flash linker. frankly i'm ecstatic that it is compiled and finding fun in enjoying an old kit i had left to rot.

-another world

lledyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've only tried 1.22 on mine(2 times actually) just to test out some cheats that werent working
and both times i wasnt satisfied and went back to 1.18

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...