R4 Ultra SDHC Help Needed

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Waverley73, May 26, 2009.

May 26, 2009

R4 Ultra SDHC Help Needed by Waverley73 at 10:52 AM (1,857 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Waverley73
    OP

Newcomer Waverley73 Member

Australia
    This has been driving me nuts so I'm hoping there is someone here who can help.

I have an R4 Ultra DS cart (http://www.r4ultra.com/) and have had it for around 6 months. I have had no problems whatsoever with it (got around 80 games on it) until now.

I have recently tried to play Korg DS-10 on it and it loads up all fine, and I can get some pretty cool sounds going on it but when I go to save it freezes EVERYTIME. I have tried to find the solution on the net but haven't been able to find anything. I have also tried to contact the above website on card specific help but with no response to date.

BTW, I have the latest firmware too (1.54). Every other game works 100% perfectly so it has me stumped what is happening. I am using a 4gb Kingston SDHC card.

If you know what I can do to overcome this I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers.

2. Waverley73
    OP

Newcomer Waverley73 Member

Australia
    Thanks heaps for your reply. Well, the problem is now solved. I found this topic (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103023) and followed the instructions around installing the akaio firmware and then pressing X when starting the cart up.

Works perfectly now and I can save my files! Giddyup!

I know now that the clone is a much hated card after reading what people on here are saying but it is doing the job for me at the minute. Maybe one day I'll upgrade.

Cheers.

3. scooprice

Newcomer scooprice Newbie

United States
    Hey ive been having the exact same problem. How did you get akaio to work on your r4 ultra??

4. junker_man32

Banned junker_man32 Banned

United States
    again...with this r4 "HELP i have an r4 ULTRA" watever crap! learn before you frickin buy, these cards are fucking cheap fakes. goddamn people, its so annoying, we should just delete stupid r4 clone threads, its so damn annoying, noobs read up first then buy, geez!