Hacking R4 Ultra SDHC Help Needed

Waverley73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This has been driving me nuts so I'm hoping there is someone here who can help.

I have an R4 Ultra DS cart (http://www.r4ultra.com/) and have had it for around 6 months. I have had no problems whatsoever with it (got around 80 games on it) until now.

I have recently tried to play Korg DS-10 on it and it loads up all fine, and I can get some pretty cool sounds going on it but when I go to save it freezes EVERYTIME. I have tried to find the solution on the net but haven't been able to find anything. I have also tried to contact the above website on card specific help but with no response to date.

BTW, I have the latest firmware too (1.54). Every other game works 100% perfectly so it has me stumped what is happening. I am using a 4gb Kingston SDHC card.

If you know what I can do to overcome this I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers.

Waverley73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sonic32136 said:
Waverley73 said:
This has been driving me nuts so I'm hoping there is someone here who can help.

I have an R4 Ultra DS cart (http://www.r4ultra.com/) and have had it for around 6 months. I have had no problems whatsoever with it (got around 80 games on it) until now.

I have recently tried to play Korg DS-10 on it and it loads up all fine, and I can get some pretty cool sounds going on it but when I go to save it freezes EVERYTIME. I have tried to find the solution on the net but haven't been able to find anything. I have also tried to contact the above website on card specific help but with no response to date.

BTW, I have the latest firmware too (1.54). Every other game works 100% perfectly so it has me stumped what is happening. I am using a 4gb Kingston SDHC card.

If you know what I can do to overcome this I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers.
Looks like you got yourself a fake this is why EVERYone tells you to stay away. Don't bother going through the company they don't care and chances are it's some guy in his basement.
hate2.gif
So I suggest "If you love the game so much" download the ysmenu fimeware for R4, don't know if you works for a Ultra SDHC. I'll post sooon a link.

Thanks heaps for your reply. Well, the problem is now solved. I found this topic (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103023) and followed the instructions around installing the akaio firmware and then pressing X when starting the cart up.

Works perfectly now and I can save my files! Giddyup!

I know now that the clone is a much hated card after reading what people on here are saying but it is doing the job for me at the minute. Maybe one day I'll upgrade.

Cheers.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again...with this r4 "HELP i have an r4 ULTRA" watever crap! learn before you frickin buy, these cards are fucking cheap fakes. goddamn people, its so annoying, we should just delete stupid r4 clone threads, its so damn annoying, noobs read up first then buy, geez!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.