Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Apache Thunder Hey I have an old R6 Silver that I bricked by turning off while the firmware was burning (I was 8/9 and thought it took too long...), could I unbrick it with your DSi HB cia? and then launch it with your wood r4 launcher (the r6 is a clone of the r4 so probably)? If I can't unbrick it with the HB cia, my friend has a r4 and I have some ds lite but I don't think they turn on anymore

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that through my WoodR4 launcher, you don't even need a _DSMENU.dat file (or was it _DS_MENU? I forget which file name it uses. :P ) on the MicroSD card. Wood is being loaded from NAND. If you see a UI with no theme/UI text, it failed to access your R4. Most likely missing __rpg folder on MicroSD of R4 (that part is still required. Those files do NOT go on the 3DS's SD!) or you are trying to use a 4GB+ card which isn't compatible with the R4. Use a 2GB or smaller card. Also ensure that it's FAT16 formatted. I don't think R4 works well with FAT32 formatted cards.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm pretty sure that through my WoodR4 launcher, you don't even need a _DSMENU.dat file (or was it _DS_MENU? I forget which file name it uses. :P ) on the MicroSD card. Wood is being loaded from NAND. If you see a UI with no theme/UI text, it failed to access your R4. Most likely missing __rpg folder on MicroSD of R4 (that part is still required. Those files do NOT go on the 3DS's SD!) or you are trying to use a 4GB+ card which isn't compatible with the R4. Use a 2GB or smaller card. Also ensure that it's FAT16 formatted. I don't think R4 works well with FAT32 formatted cards.

Isn't there a way to make it read bigger SD cards? or it is due to hardware limitations on the flashcard?

TerraCadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. Need a proper rom dump. The last one I looked at appeared to have the arm7 region corrupted.

My card is an R4i-SDHC. Was mine the corrupted one? If so, I can redump.

12769637_693215480820575_793026027_n.jpg

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a compatible Action Replay DS (the very first one) twl flashcart launcher? Would be nice to use this old trash again
-snip-
Looks kinda silly
if helpful, here is the firmware that datel provides http://uk.codejunkies.com/support_downloads/Ar-firmware-1-71.zip
Run wooddumper on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any news on the CycloDS front?
CycloDS works with TWL Slot-1 Launcher methinks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: