Hacking R4 SDHC

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSTT M3 and R4 are possibly all manufactured by the same factory, this means nothing. It does not make it the R5 or R4-HC or whatever.

The DSTT would certainly be much better menu-wise if it were from the R4 team. People telling you it is from R4 are saying that to sell you a cheaper cart for the same money.

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, if you go to Reday Electronics website or w/e they're called, you'll find that the same company manufacture the R4 and DSTT. If you look at the small description of DSTT it says something like "A new/better version of R4". So there's your "R4 SDHC".

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please Note: Things posted on the internet are not always true. Just because the same company manufactures the DSTT/R4 it doesn't mean that the same team developed it.

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how's the quality thing about this card?

and noticed that the volumerate is selling this, anyone tried this?

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see anything about this on here. i am interested in the R4-III SDHC sold on gameyeeah for $20.
and is the R4 really dead?

i've been out of the loop for so long just enjoying the R4 i have.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys, don't dig up the dead with reviving old threads (especially R4 ones), p.l.e.a.s.e!

If you look in the last 1-2 pages within this section you will see your answers about the status of the R4 Team and the reliability/quality of fake/clone R4s such as II & III.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dexmix said:
i dont see anything about this on here. i am interested in the R4-III SDHC sold on gameyeeah for $20.

No. Don't get anything with R4 in the name.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fabulo said:
yes, and volumerate is selling the sdhc now at http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.60270 with price 14 USD.

ferrariman said:
QUOTE(dexmix @ Aug 21 2008, 12:34 PM) i dont see anything about this on here. i am interested in the R4-III SDHC sold on gameyeeah for $20.

No. Don't get anything with R4 in the name.

istis

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.....just for a minute.....pretend I'm a total non-gamer and .... just pretend......I have no idea what your talking about when it comes to all the technical terms you use lol....

So what I'm wondering is.... I have 2 kids, who both have DS lites and I got them both R4 cards....they use it so they (read I) don't have to carry around a hundred different game carts.....and that they can watch movies on long trips and stay out of my hair.....

ok, keeping all this in mind.... I've heard there are new R4 cards....are they 'real' and if so is it worth getting it for my dirt magnets???

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
istis said:
Ok.....just for a minute.....pretend I'm a total non-gamer and .... just pretend......I have no idea what your talking about when it comes to all the technical terms you use lol....

So what I'm wondering is.... I have 2 kids, who both have DS lites and I got them both R4 cards....they use it so they (read I) don't have to carry around a hundred different game carts.....and that they can watch movies on long trips and stay out of my hair.....

ok, keeping all this in mind.... I've heard there are new R4 cards....are they 'real' and if so is it worth getting it for my dirt magnets???

NO, DON'T GET ANY CLONES, THEY ARE FAKE.

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
istis said:

No the r4 team never updates, stopped production and is getting sued by Nintendo that being said get an acekard 2 or dstt from dealextreme.com (about $11-12)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The R4 team has stopped making firmwares for the R4, and lots of the new games do not work. Along with the halt of the firmware updates, they have stopped producing R4s in China, thus there are hundreds of Fake/Clone R4 cards, which look the same, and act similarly. However, some clones are known to harm the DS itself (N5, anyone), and they break very easily.

There are no longer Real R4s in production, so regardless of where you buy it, unless it's an older version that has been bought over a year ago, its not going to be the genuine version.

There are a lot of better cards at a cheaper price. That being said, I recommend getting the DSTT, or the Acekard 2. They're both only 12 dollars in DealExtreme, and they're very good cards.

Just avoid anything that looks, or similar to the R4.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
or if you do have a r4 grab your updates from the N5 site cos N5team are the only team that atually updates the firmware...or just use YSMenu...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^