R4 nothing inserted?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jameshow, Aug 11, 2013.

1. jameshow
    OP

jameshow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2013
    Hey, i was playing a game on my R4 when it randomly froze up so i had to switch the 3ds off and on.
    when i turned it back on it just says nothing is inserted into the game slot?
    i've tried an actual game and they load fine so its just my r4 for some reason, is there a fix for this or is it just dead?

2. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    I think its just dead, it happened to me with my old R4 Revolution and my DSTT and there was nothing I could do:(, or maybe you can try with another SD card. Maybe it could solve the problem^^

3. jameshow
    OP

jameshow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2013
    damn sounds like it could just be dead then, i've tried it with a few other SD cards and formatted the one that it crashed with but still no luck :(

4. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Could be a contact issue, use some folded paper to make the R4 a slightly tighter fit.

5. jameshow
    OP

jameshow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2013
    just tried that and still no luck, i don't know why it would completely break just because a game crashed though, its a bit weird.

6. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
  7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Some flash carts have had issues where a screwup while playing a 512MB game would end up with them accidentally overwriting their own firmware/bootloader.

8. jameshow
    OP

jameshow Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2013
    do you know if theres a fix for that? i've been trying the whole paper thing to get the connections closer to the DS but it doesnt seem to help

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If the firmware/bootloader was corrupted you'll need an original DS or a Lite (DSi/3DS WILL NOT WORK) and another flash cart to fix it, so it might be cheaper+easier to just get and use another flash cart.