R4 / M3DSS official stop production

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never said it was a joke, but that it's nothing to do with it, the only notworthy thing there is that the cyclo website is down, but that doesn't mean anything.

I know about lik-sang and how their selling was ruled illegal, that was because the selling of Asian consoles in Europe was deemed a breach of Sony rights.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BurlyEd said:
You are all whistling thru the graveyard.

R4 is Dead - Closed for good - no more updates.
www.teamcyclops.com is dead.
DSTT are "out of stock" at DealExtreme.
www.importshop.nl
www.m3adapter.com
www.psxshop.nl
www.ombouwwinkel.nl
All no longer sell flashcards or site is dead.

Still think this is a joke? Check what happened after a British court closed lik-sang in 2006.

grog.gif
lecture.gif
Cyclo isn't dead. The same thing happened last year, and they always came back after about a week.

Lik sang closed down because of Sony's attitude, and Acekard 2 is still available on DX.

Piracy will never die.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BurlyEd said:

www.importshop.nl
www.m3adapter.com
www.psxshop.nl
www.ombouwwinkel.nl

Still think this is a joke? Check what happened after a British court closed lik-sang in 2006.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

dealxtreme are not totally out of stock you can place orders still they are just limited!
and note this too on their website ..

QUOTE- News (July 24, 2008): a new DSTT cart is coming up thus the current version's stock quantity is limited and became sold out.

R4 maby dead to an extent mainly due to the amount of ripp off clone cards stealing their loader etc ..but again the R4 is not out!... theres still loads of them out there and sites still are selling them!... yes its dated but it STILL WORKS! and hacked YASU/TTDS firmware breaths new life into the gaming front on the R4 despite its lack of SDHC support!

and to add here ... one site will close yet another will open!

sure lik-sang closed but a hundred other such sites still exist!

while there is a market for these devices they will NEVER STOP THEIR SALES!

you have listed 5 sites that are to do with flash cards a couple look like they are offline due to DOS attacks such as cyclops site and one or 2 are working just have broken links, ... theres HUNDREDS more out there still selling them to choose from so what do a couple of down sites matter
smile.gif

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:

www.importshop.nl
www.m3adapter.com
www.psxshop.nl
www.ombouwwinkel.nl

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Cyclo's down due to bandwidth. Too many people picking up the awesome awesome beta firmware. And that happened before Nintendo even announced their BAWWWfest in Japan. Come back on Friday when August rolls around and bandwidth caps reset.

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems to be effectively confirmed for the M3 DS Simply at least. I checked ahtin's topic at hacken.cc and found this link in one of the replies:
http://www.gbalpha.cn/China/GBalpha_Produc...M3DS_Simply.asp

Working backwards, I can see that this gbalpha site is the official M3/G6 website for mainland China, according to their worldwide portal site:
http://www.gbalpha.com/Global/index.htm

Therefore, to access that first URL I provided, you would have to:
1. Click the China Mainland link on the global portal to access the Chinese M3 site.
2. Below the flash animation, there are some light gray boxes. Put your mouse cursor over the third box from the left.
3. Click on the "NDS/NDS Lite" link in the drop-down menu that appears.
4. To access the product page, click on the picture of the M3 DS Simply in the upper left-hand corner. The picture has the cart and the blue carrying case.

Now what's so important in this URL? At the top of the page, you can see the characters M3DS Simply????(?????). Next to this line, there are some characters colored in red. These red characters clearly state: "Production Ended." It's interesting, since none of the other product pages have these characters, so it must be recent.

Of course, as I said, this page applies to the M3 DS Simply, though I wouldn't be surprised if the R4 was included in this decision, since it seems that the two carts are so close. We could wait for official confirmation from the R4 team, but considering their lack of communication, I doubt we'll ever get it, even on their Chinese site.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, COMPLETELY stopping production? Damn, I'm sure as hell glad I picked up an M3DS Real a few weeks back... I wonder why they would stop production? But I don't really care about the R4DS, pretty much all the noobs have it and I heard that it sucks. Oh well, guess I can't look forward to an official M3sakura firmware in English.

Now, when all my noob friends say "d00d wtf is th4t th1ng u have???" I can be like "It lets me play pirated games on my DS, they don't make these anymore"
biggrin.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
RebelX said:
Wow, COMPLETELY stopping production? Damn, I'm sure as hell glad I picked up an M3DS Real a few weeks back... I wonder why they would stop production? But I don't really care about the R4DS, pretty much all the noobs have it and I heard that it sucks. Oh well, guess I can't look forward to an official M3sakura firmware in English.

Now, when all my noob friends say "d00d wtf is th4t th1ng u have???" I can be like "It lets me play pirated games on my DS, they don't make these anymore"
biggrin.gif
R4 = M3DS Simply
R4 != M3DS Real

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the M3DS Real is an entirely different cart, as it is based off of the G6DS Real. I don't know why, but for some reason, the M3/R4/G6 teams have some strange tendency to make two brands for the same cart. Under that thought, the M3 DS Simply is based off of the R4, or vice versa, I don't know; it's tough to tell since the first batches manufactured of each cart could be soldered to accept the other cart's loader.

Gukina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Gukina said:
arm7 patches were always faster than r4 kernel fixes anyways.. we don't need the r4 team if they were to leave and ahtin didn't make a post a few weeks ago claiming r4 were going to brick all fake versions .. which never happen?
blink.gif
Are you translating rumors from the Chinese hack forum to here? does anyone have proof that anything ahtin posts actually happens? If there is no more arm7 patches r4 = dead if what ahtin says is true.

Are you retarded? The R4 team said they were releasing a firmware that'll brick DSs with fake R4s, IN SEPTEMBER. They said they're gonna release it in September, not July. And Ahtin's posts have been accurate till now, so we'll just have to see in September.

Also, even the Supercard team commented on the subject, saying to the R4 team that they shouldn't, etc. So, it's true.

Oh so they are going to update the kernel to stop fake r4's making profit from R4 whilst closing their r4 line .. me smells BS.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone choose the CycloDS over the Supercard when it's $20 more than the SCDS? Supercard has pretty much most of the features of the Cyclo and it's like $30

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fact that no one EVER mentions EZ-flash carts makes me really happy at this moment. If the majority of you people don't care to mention them then perhaps they can duck a lawsuit for a good long while.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NOOOO so my m3 is gonna die i need to get a cyclo
hate2.gif

EDIT: wait so can my m3 real still use the new g6 real updates?? and is all the m3 products dying cause i was planing to get a m3 lite
mad.gif

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im glad i got a new card to replace my r4. Even though i still use my r4 for homebrew and other things. But i prefer my m3dsr. I will always miss my r4 when i put it in the corner of my closet...

But i wonder who the big N is going to hunt next>>?

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yo guys
So the R4 is dead & out
frown.gif

I heard on the news tey were trying to get rid of it! (God damn Law Enforcers!)
angry.gif

Any advice on what I should buy next?

OR

Can i do anything to my R4?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ZeD said:
Yo guys
So the R4 is dead & out
frown.gif

I heard on the news tey were trying to get rid of it! (God damn Law Enforcers!)
angry.gif

Any advice on what I should buy next?

OR

Can i do anything to my R4?

CycloDS is the best flashkart out right now, but they may be affected by the Nintendo lawsuit, since their site has been down for awhile, so get an Acekard 2 from DealExtreme for 23 bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Did ya know, you can turn a Hot Wheels PC into a gaming rig... +1