gokong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just Happen to me yesterday while playing diamond.. also happens while battling in Custom Robo Arena. It does not happen frequently but it happens. No big deal.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
again, R4DS not recognised, and this was after i switched cases, i guess i don't have long with this card at all the problem is annoyingly still there
frown.gif
and myclock can you test castlevania dawn of sorrow for me, to see if it works on FAT 16 without any freezing?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just about to make a topic since my Pokemon Diamond game on my R4 froze on me twice. Which is strange since I tried out countless other roms when I had my R4 and I never had a problem with it... and my SD card is a Kingston as well. I put it down to me receiving some pokemon from some online friends when I unlocked the GTS but I wonder if this problem could be fixed soon.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Friend of mine had this same exact problem a month ago. Since it sounded similar to when my g6lite wasnt working to well anymore i told him to clean the contacts on the R4 then blow really good into the card slot or used compressed air either way he had about 20 crashes over 3 days he toldme and hasnt had a problem for the last month might not fix your problem but its something to look into. On a side note it seems whatever they plate the contacts with tarnishes slightly like it did on my g6 lite so thats why i think it may be the problem a good cleaning always fixed the problem for atleast a month.

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
What is better to format whit Fat16 or Fat32 ?
wacko.gif

i dont think it matters, i think its just a way the system reads the files :s but if i was to say which one would be better..then FAT 32 as ive read FAT 16 mite lag castlevania a bit more but i dont know coz i dont play that game

Would I run into these problems in Pokemon using a very top card such as a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB micro SD ?

theoretically it shouldnt lag on any card, but some cards are just built dodgey?
blink.gif
any speeds of over 55x is good enough to play games on

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I forgot to ask, did you verify your rom using clrMAMEpro and ADVANsCEne's DAT? Just to check your rom isnt corrupt slightly or you downloaded a slightly modified version?

It only takes some 00's instead of FF's etc etc and the rom will be duff and possible lead to problems.

I find it very strange that there arent more threads or posts to say it doesnt work if it was a serious issue with the R4. The very fact there isnt, I can only think of two possible problems.

1. ROM is bad or modified slightly causing freezes

2. microSD card is faulty, poor quality or too slow.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
What is better to format whit Fat16 or Fat32 ?
wacko.gif

i dont think it matters, i think its just a way the system reads the files :s but if i was to say which one would be better..then FAT 32 as ive read FAT 16 mite lag castlevania a bit more but i dont know coz i dont play that game

Would I run into these problems in Pokemon using a very top card such as a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB micro SD ?

theoretically it shouldnt lag on any card, but some cards are just built dodgey?
blink.gif
any speeds of over 55x is good enough to play games on

FAT32 is only good for cards with capacities over 2GB. If you want to play Castlevania with less problems, format your card to FAT16 with 64K clusters. That'll minimize the amount of troubles you'll have.

The MicroSD card is fine, you shouldn't need a really fast card for Pokemon. Not too many troubles except that the Pokemon Battle Revolution transfer won't work on a R4. I heard that the G6 works with it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-