R4 freezes at game selection

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Bjuce, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010

R4 freezes at game selection by Bjuce at 9:01 PM (2,918 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Bjuce
    OP

Newcomer Bjuce Newbie

United States
    I have an original R4 SDHC (4gb - Kingston) cartridge which used to work fine, until I turned on my DS today. The DS freezes on the screen where you select your roms (basically, I can't move the marker nor start any roms because it's frozen). I have v1.071b. The multimedia and config options work fine, although there's nothing much I can do there. I've tried to reformat the storage,, it does not however fix the freezing issue. I've also tried to re-download the software for the R4 (moonshell2 or whatever it's called), but this does not solve the freezing either [​IMG]

Anyone who knows why?

Thanks in advance!

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    Wrong section
    you have a r4 clone

3. Bjuce
    OP

Newcomer Bjuce Newbie

United States
    fixed the problem by downloading a more recent firmware update [​IMG] didn't know it was a clone, at least they're still supporting it with updates and so forth.

Mods, plz close this thread if you deem it useless,

Cheers!

4. goblue

Newcomer goblue Newbie

Canada
    My son has the same problem. He is 6 so I'm going to have to do it. Where do you go to find this firmware stuff. Will this wipe out the games on the card if I download this updated firmware? Thanks in advance if you can help me.

5. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try this: http://filetrip.net/f11040-Wood-R4-1-06.html

Read the readme on how to install, I don't have a R4 but I believe its just dragging and dragging and dropping files, nothing needs to be erased except the old "firmware" files.

You guys should really go to the R4 section not here, this isn't a forum to discuss specific flash cards.

6. gringosam

Newcomer gringosam Member

United States