Hacking R4 Firmware Problems

Benny_w95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am relatively new to this DSi Flashcart stuff, i own a NDSiXL with firmware 1.4.2u and a R4iSDHC V1.4 and i can't get them to work together it works on my brothers dslite but not on mine, I've looked on the internet for hours and still can't get it to work

PLZ Help!!!!!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It seems as though it possible your R4 card hasn't been updated to work on the latest DSi firmware
(I will warn you - It's possible that your R4 can't be updated, there's a lot of 'clones' that can't)

There should be a Web address on the flashcard (or box), I would suggest popping to the website & looking to see if there's a 'firmware update' (NOT a 'OS update') that you can install that will allow the card to work on the latest DSi/3DS Firmware versions

(BTW - you will need to use your Brothers DLIte to update the flashcard if an update exists)

FYI - Nintendo occasionally bring out firmware updates on the DSi and 3DS (DSLite and DSPhats are not affected) that 'block' flashcards & stop them from working.
It's usually a good idea that IF the DSi/3DS says there's an update avaliable, then DO NOT UPDATE until you check that a 'patch' is released for your particular flashcard (you can usually find a post on GBATemp that will help)

Benny_w95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='CannonFoddr'] thanks i downloaded the new firmware from the site but when i come to update it doesn't go anywhere from there, there is no option to update from that point

any tips???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast