budrow66

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just saw on Mod-Chip .com that the R4 factory was shut down.
Looked into it a little, something about all the press the fashcarts are getting overseas.
Is anyone closer to this that could confirm it or elaborate a little?

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think they are shut down
Shit is just happening in china and sometimes its best to just not ask questions

If you want to know because you want to buy a new R4 then you might be suffering from a bad case of pleb-itis

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I talked to R4 yesterday....they keep pushing back the shipping date for our order.
Should know at the end of the month.

I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to R4 though. The only people that buy R4s from us are Mums and Dads, and people that cant read.
Its good to make money on - but there are too many better solutions out there to worry about R4.

budrow66

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahh can't complain about them to much.
Great card when they came up.
Still dealing with them can be complicated and time consumeing.
I agree there are many better solutions..
Anyway I think its just another rumor anyway.

farmer99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat do u guys recommend besides the R4? just curious. reading the reviews here seems like it's one of the better options out there. easy to use and etc.

budrow66

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about OzModChips but I have tried them all and the one I actually use is a CycloDS for my Slot-1 and an EZFlash 3 in 1 for my Slot-2.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I like M3 Real - a lot of people that migrate from R4 to M3 dont like it......but that will change soon with their new sakura firmware.

CycloDS are awesome, but expensive.

Getting acekard 2 tomorrow, looks like a similar product.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
farmer99 said:
wat do u guys recommend besides the R4? just curious. reading the reviews here seems like it's one of the better options out there. easy to use and etc.
R4s are outdated and no longer the best. It doesn't havge micro sdhc support, doesn't have any features like RTS, or RTG. There's ALOT of better options, like

1. EDGE: Cheap, but does what the R4 does. It has a better touchscreen control on the menu apparently. It's currently out of stock on most places so it's hard to get. It supports micro SDHC.

2. Acekard RPG: It's probably the most wanted for a programmer. It has an "open-source" firmware, so you can change the firmware the way you want it, and how you want it. But you'll need some skills with programming. It also has a 1 gig NAND built in, and you can put in even more space with a micro SD, or SDHC.

3. Cyclo DS: The king of the carts. It has great features, a support team that actually answers your questions directly, and tell when a new firmware is ccoming out. It's the most expensive, but it's expensive for a good reason.

4. DSTT: Now, this has been neglected due to the EDGE, but it's still a great flashcard. It does what every other flashkard does, but it has the fastest loading time. It only takes 1-3 seconds to load a game.

5. Supercard DS1 SDHC: Probably the best, or the second best. It's cheap, and has all the features the CycloDS has, but more features, like Realtime guide. The support team is great, and their updates are reasonably fast. But this cart might take some time, if you're new to the scene.

There's a few more, but I forgot. The point is, R4s aren't that great anymore. The ones that I've mentioned are all easy to set up, except the Supercard DS1 SDHC, which I'm having some trouble with currently.

Also, get M3 Real if you can wait until the Sakura firmware is done. Because currently, the M3 real suffers some serious problems, so that's why I didn't recommend it. But if you can wait until the beautiful Sakura firmware is done, it can probably get higher in my list.

budrow66

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey OzModChip I was wondering about the AK2 let me know what you think
if ya dont mind. I have a M3 Real also not happy with the firmware .
Although it functions great. So I have sat it down waiting for the new firmware rewok
also, cant wait, I really wanted my Real when it came out .

farmer99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the advices. i had the supercarts back then, the switch to the m3 whcih was nice and easy. then heard about the r4 which was so easy to use.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You really think the R4 has been running from 1 factory? It either has several factories, or they can set up another factory in a matter of hours. Maybe its not the best one any more. But its pretty cheap and works with all the DS games. That's the main thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-