Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
*update* read this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1036051

QUOTE(http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=26119) said:
According to a Norwegian gaming site, the factory that has produced the R4 DS flash card for the DS has been shut down. The reason that it was shut down is that it is believed that all the press attention the device has been receiving has shaken a few feathers and caused some immediate action. The article also mentions the flash cards are illegal in France and Singapore and are under review in the UK.
QUOTE said:
The Norwegian gaming news site Konsollguiden.no is reporting this (translated from Norwegian):
quote:
The factory that is producing R4DS is shutted down.

The message that came to Konsollguiden today was that the factory that is producing R4DS is shutted down. Much indicates that the press on the flashcart industry is the reason for the production stop. Flashcart is under evaluation in UK, while it's already forbidden in France and Singapore.
/quote

http://konsollguiden.no/content/view/2557/225/

Regards,
Josh! from the MC forums

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, if that's true, that means the end of the M3 also, as the M3 & R4 are both manufactured in the same factory.

I'd be amazed if it had closed down ... factories such as those tend to just produce items that customers place orders for ... contract work ... they are rarely owned by the makers of a particular product ... it is more likely that they are still open, but no longer producing the R4.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Some legal actions are on the way in France but it is not illegal so far ... Previous actions against dev kits all failed ... Piracy is another thing.

Such devices are becoming Mainstream and it is not good for Nintendo ... and us ;-)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, this just means it may be time to buy another flashcart if updates stop coming for the R4. Probably a CycloDS.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Part of me would really like to know how much money they made from selling the R4. That said, I guess the things games shop owners in Hong Kong told me were true when I was buying a flashcart. R4s are no longer the future even though everyone with a DS probably heard of the words R4.

Shame. It was a nice and simple device without all the bells and whistles that does one thing and that's play roms without much problems.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I was noobs enough to by a G6 lite at top price and lucky enough to buy a working CycloDS evo last year when the price was exactly the same as the R4. They seized some shops in Paris last year because they were selling more R4 than DS ... it is a big biz... I wonder also ... Prices raised 25% now even with a better euro/$ rate ...

QUOTE said:
Confirmed: Nintendo commences assault on DS Flash Cards in France (Dec 2007)

Last week, multiple french modding web-shops came under investigation from domestic French police under the influence of Nintendo concerning concerning the sale of DS Flash Cards. While some shops have kept the products online as they are not officially illlegal yet, an investigation is under-way and a judge will eventually hand down the decision on the legality of such devices. However, Ominfo has removed all such devices with FL-Games making the same move posting up that due to a problem with legislation, they will stop marketing and selling flash cards for the DS and DS Lite.

It is possible to found a linker in Japan but it is harder in France now

... According to the french laws, flash cards are not illegal yet... No news from these actions so far ... so it is legal and you can still found some good shops even online ;-)

Some old news :
- Video-game Industry Watchdog Clamps Down on Illegal Game Activity in Singapore
http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_port...ews&id=1938
- ESA cracks down on DS flash cards in Singapore
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=93170

Rumor:
Rumor: Nintendo orders seizure of rival DS Flash cards... to promote DSvision

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so .. no updates
frown.gif

they have an TTDS in one of our stores xD
maybe i'll get one

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Horray a rumor about R4 being nailed, just what the R4 hater trolls have been waiting for. Fire away. XD

If that's true then the police just won the dumbarse awards for nailing the weakest flashcart on the market instead of going after G6 or Cyclo. Good job guys, that'll surely strike a blow to the NDS piracy industry. *sarcasm*

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
If that's true then the police just won the dumbarse awards for nailing the weakest flashcart on the market instead of going after G6 or Cyclo. Good job guys, that'll surely strike a blow to the NDS piracy industry. *sarcasm*
It may be one of the lesser carts on the market in terms of functionality, but you're forgetting that most people aren't well informed on the subject of DS piracy. The R4 is still the most well-known and top-selling flashcart of all time.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
QUOTE said:
This news is BULL SHIT

I have been in contact with the R4 Team and they have heard nothing of the sort. The "factory" is going full speed ahead. smile.gif

good to hear they are still alive but any idea why didn't they release any update "for FF:CC" yet?
ninja.gif

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well i already know about the code thanks, but i was wandering why didn't they release an update yet cause they usually be the 1st in fixing games problem & what scares me more is that the companies will use even worser protection in their games specially the "big" games like ninja gaiden, FF4, FF tactics, DQ series & more

so i really hope that they will at least release an update just to let us know they are still alive & they will continue their support to the R4

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hit said:
R4 Run off with its money while ago already
There not shutdown they just stopped

So the fact that they continue to produce hardware and release firmware updates says that they've stopped production and run of with the profits?

trijicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They are going to start shipping R4 soon,but there is one big problem.

R4 team decided to raise price a lot like $10 by saying "components price has been increased"(bull shit!),and I am sure this will cause price raise on retail side too.

They must gone insane because there is other good competitor products like DSTT and Edge which support SDHC(R4 does not).Very bad move to secure more profit,and I am sure they end up with losing
their matket share by losing other products.

I really hate to see they are going to monopolize market like this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since