Hacking R4 DSiXL3D

scry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my sister picked up a R4DSIXL3D for her DSi XL.

this is the website to the card here. It seems to be a mix between an r4 and a TT, when I install their software it has a dual boot option allowing you to run the r4 menu or tt menu.

My problem is that when running the r4 menu it asks to create a .sav file, if i select yes, it hangs. If I run the TT Menu, it says sav file not found and resets.

I decided lets try creating a blank .sav file for the game in question, i can run it from the tt menu, but after i saved the game and exited, i tried reloading it only to get the same file not found problem. I look at the memory card and the .sav is in fact gone..

Anybody ever used this card?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, and there's a good reason for that. Because it's a terrible clone/fake. So many problems with R4's besides the R4 original and R4i Gold... there might be another I'm missing.

You tried reformatting your card and all that stuff?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a better idea, please buy a new flashcard like an Acekard 2i, Supercard Two, Supercard DSonei, or even and Ez-Flash Vi, since you just ripped off and now have horrible clone that will never be supported and more than likely break your DS.

scry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
No, and there's a good reason for that. Because it's a terrible clone/fake. So many problems with R4's besides the R4 original and R4i Gold... there might be another I'm missing.

You tried reformatting your card and all that stuff?

Yeah, I had a feeling it was a bad clone, wish she'd checked with me before buying it.. I'm just gonna have her return it and get something decent..

AlmightyHeretic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest the AK2i. It's the fourth cart I've owned and I don't have any problems on my DSi. I'd stay away from iSmart: it's basically too new and has too many bugs (not sure about their iSMM model, though it can't be much better). And I'd stay away from anything R4 unless you personally know someone with one that works flawlessly. I bought one only to realize that every time a new firmware is released for the DSi that they seem to abandon the cart and come out with a new model compatible with the latest firmware. AK2i is by far my favorite and if you get one put the AKAIO firmware on it. It's faster.

Xandycarv

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
a few years ago I bought this r4dsixl3d !! came with my DS lite !! when i bought it i managed to download the softaware from the site but now it is disabled !! and I no longer have the necessary files !! where do I find the karnel of this R4 ???? help me please !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol