Nice! Thanks for that bladerx
biggrin.gif

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you guys have made such quality, nice skins. I am really enjoing them. Unfortunately a terrible idea for an R4 skin came to mind. It may be the worst skin ever. Enjoy and please accept my apologies in advance.

** Note: Full skin is not safe for work. **

Concept preview:
images

Download >here

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
My wii skin was already uploaded on zShare however i have now also uploaded on Mavis's website.

Clicky

I dig the Wii skin. I dowonloaded it from zShare and found that it didnt work on my R4. R4 showed pac man icons (is that R4's default?). The bmps looked ok in win explorer tho, so I resaved them using 'BMP - uncompressed'. They work fine now.

Same happened to me, that must be the default I guess.

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I am french so sorry if I do not speak very flawlessly.I wonder if the skin are just images ? I do not understand because how does the M3 simply understand when with the stylus you touch this icon or that icon ? I mean, Is there limits betweens different icons ? i wish i could explain what i want to say totally in English but it is quite hard for me
frown.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, I am french so sorry if I do not speak very flawlessly.I wonder if the skin are just images ? I do not understand because how does the M3 simply understand when with the stylus you touch this icon or that icon ? I mean, Is there limits betweens different icons ? i wish i could explain what i want to say totally in English but it is quite hard for meÂ
frown.gif

They are just images... the user interface is just on top of that. The R4 doesn't know you're touching the icon beneath it, but it knows you're touching the area above it.

And the area is always in the same place and the same shape, you are merely changing the background.

Thats why many skins are using light backgrounds, because you can't change the black font for selecting games.

Hope that clears it up!

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You speak in a way most of us can understand, I believe.
I was thinking the same thing, I have no idea how the R4 recognises what pixels he should use as in icon.

Hope they aren't at a prefixed location on the screen.

Q~

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You speak in a way most of us can understand, I believe.
I was thinking the same thing, I have no idea how the R4 recognises what pixels he should use as in icon.

Hope they aren't at a prefixed location on the screen.

Q~
Haha, I wish it did do that (recognized certain pixels to use as the icon). It just knows that when you touch the screen in this area, it goes to the game browser. I mean, I could use a skin that's a full image of just the color red, nothing else, and it'd still know when I press the area where the game icon would be to go the browser. Hence, templates are used so people know where to put the "icon" images in their skin layout.

lexus-8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, I have understand, thanks a lot
wink.gif
I hope I will succeed to create my own skins, since I have just learnt how does layers system go.If I find them cool, I will post them
wink.gif

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii skin was already uploaded on zShare however i have now also uploaded on Mavis's website.

Clicky

I dig the Wii skin. I dowonloaded it from zShare and found that it didnt work on my R4. R4 showed pac man icons (is that R4's default?). The bmps looked ok in win explorer tho, so I resaved them using 'BMP - uncompressed'. They work fine now.

so how do you resave the bmps to BMP incompressed

"BMP - uncompressed" is the save as type in Polyview (a simple image viewer/editor). (here)

If you save in photoshop, the default bmp, windows, 24bit should be fine. All working versions of the bmp's seem to be 145k. I don't know if this always means they will work, but it may be indicative of the correct bmp type.

bladerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Clicky

so how do you resave the bmps to BMP incompressed

"BMP - uncompressed" is the save as type in Polyview (a simple image viewer/editor). (here)

If you save in photoshop, the default bmp, windows, 24bit should be fine. All working versions of the bmp's seem to be 145k. I don't know if this always means they will work, but it may be indicative of the correct bmp type.

I've noticed the limited palette the M3/R4 interface displays and I use a little more complex method to make my skins look better, I export the images as gifs (256 colors, dithered) and then save them as 8 bit bmps. This way the images look exactly as planned.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you put a few skins in folders on your card and swap them on the go with the DS Organise file browser? Or does the R4 lock system files or keep the skin files in use while it's on rather than loading them into the memory?

Of course the easy way for me to get an answer would be to try it myself
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: No make a patty cake :blink: