Hacking R4 DS owners roll call

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just got mine today from modchipstore.com and i must say dhl is a very unreliable delivery service.Â

Why is that?
Yeah, I'm curious too. DHL is pretty damn awesome in my opinion. Everytime I've shipped/recieved something with them it's always been fast as hell. And if you're referring to the packing itself, it wasn't bad. It came in a DHL Small Padded Pouch which was perfectly fine for the R4. Plus it's modchipstore.com that chooses how it should be packed, not DHL. I'd take DHL over UPS or USPS any day
tongue.gif

Yeah same here .. I'm curious as well. I ordered mine on the 31st and it was processed and didnt ship out until the 2nd of January. It got here on the 3rd. THE 3RD! All the way from Texas to the mid-atlantic coast! DHL left it on my porch without ringing the doorbell, but I only knew it was here because I was watching the tracking like a hawk once I saw that it got onto the delivery truck through the tracking system. DHL wins in my book!

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same here .. I'm curious as well. I ordered mine on the 31st and it was processed and didnt ship out until the 2nd of January. It got here on the 3rd. THE 3RD! All the way from Texas to the mid-atlantic coast! DHL left it on my porch without ringing the doorbell, but I only knew it was here because I was watching the tracking like a hawk once I saw that it got onto the delivery truck through the tracking system. DHL wins in my book!
Haha, yeah. It was honestly took 9 hours to get to me (for the R4). And I did the same thing
tongue.gif
I got up that morning and just happened to check the tracking and saw it was at my porch already ;p About the doorbell though, every shipping method I know of does that. They never knock/ring the bell, or if they do, they just knock or ring once and hurry back to the truck to drive off. Unless the shipper has specified that the package needs to be signed for, they aren't obligated to wait at the door so they just leave it.

k2theman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My R4 shipped today from gamersection.ca...Fedex tracking estimates January 15th for delivery though.
frown.gif
3-5 day shipping my ass.

Not that it matters, as my microSD is still "processing" over at ca.buy.com, so likely won't ship till next week.

So much waiting....ugh.

darkzagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All!
First time here as I'll be getting a NDS Lite for milady with R4. Heard a lot of good things about it. Will update you guys and gals tomorrow once I get it! Its abt Singapore dollars 75 for the R4 card.

Cheers

lyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4 from modchipstore.com a few days ago. DHL is EXTREMELY fast, although the package sounded as if something was broken within it. However, it was just the R4DS packaging (? lol). Anyways, all working good so far, except PoR... lots of freezing!

grampylover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4 from modchipstore.com a few days ago. DHL is EXTREMELY fast, although the package sounded as if something was broken within it. However, it was just the R4DS packaging (? lol). Anyways, all working good so far, except PoR... lots of freezing!

Which MicroSD card are you using? It'd be nice if everyone having problems (or having no problems at all) would note which MicroSD cards they're using with the R4.

ianf1979

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello y'all i have both the black and white nds lite (g/f's preferences
frown.gif
). one r4 that i got Wednesday from mr modchip. fast delivery £32 . and i have another shippng that i should get monday.

im using a sandisk 512mb microsd and a dane-elec 512mb microsd and no problems with both. I only bought the DS handhelds on Tuesday because the g/f's mother got one for xmas and so the other half HAD to have one. and i wasnt going to pay the extortionate rates for games. so its been a quick learning curve!!!!!

tepnomus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it from modchipstore.com, now my DS can play mp3, but the sound quality is pretty crappy... Shipping was fast thou, ordered in the morning, and it arrived the next day.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I ordered mine yesterday, will arrive sometime next week.

It's my first Slot-1 flashcart, I hope it will get along with my old SuperCard SD...
nyanya.gif

bluechill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
would like to ask a question: is there a way to exit to the main ds bootup screen where i can change my brightness settings or use pictochat when the R4 card is inside the slot?

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope there is no way. And it will not be changed in future updates, aparrently the R4 team said because of the way the card operates they can't make it do that.

hydouken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recieved my R4 that I ordered through gameyeeeah. I highly recommend them and shipping to South Carolina only took one week! My R4 also was bagged up in three different seal packages......def nothing could of fallen out or any missing pieces
smile.gif

Still waiting on my microsd card in the mail
frown.gif
So all I can do at the moment is stare at it,lol

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my R4 from modchipstore.com a few days ago. DHL is EXTREMELY fast, although the package sounded as if something was broken within it. However, it was just the R4DS packaging (? lol). Anyways, all working good so far, except PoR... lots of freezing!

Which MicroSD card are you using? It'd be nice if everyone having problems (or having no problems at all) would note which MicroSD cards they're using with the R4.

I'm using a standard 1GB SanDisk microSD. No problems at all apart from the slightest lag when opening the menu in Animal Crossing. I still have to play PoR alot more, though.

Densen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered mine a while before the downtime and got confirmation that it shipped. As long as you got the confirmation email saying that they shipped your R4, I think you should be ok.

If I'm lucky, mine will arrive in the first half of next week. Good luck getting yours, I'm sure it will come.

Densen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BambooGaming say that you can't track it online but people have said that by ringing up the post office and giving them the tracking number that bamboogaming send you, they can tell you where it is. Personally, I haven't tried ringing up, but it's worth a shot if you really want to know where it's at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO