Hacking R4 DS Original SDHC Issue

giga502

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I recently found my old original R4 which I believe only supports Micro SD cards that are NOT in SDHC format. Is there a way to enable them to be able to be read?

Even if it means sacrificing the speed of the microSD card itself or limiting the size?

Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There were some 4GB cards that were not SDHC, but they're extremely rare and have not been produced in years.

Since you're only going to use this on an original DS or a Lite (as the original R4 does not work on anything newer) then you could just get a cheap replacement like the r4ids.cn, which has SDHC support and uses Wood too.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And I'm going to recommend that people not buy that one. Most flash carts out there become unsupported fairly quickly.
He owns a DS lite and I don't think that there will be new anti piracy measures in any new games. No Updates are necessary. Sure, he should buy a SCDS2 if he has the money but he doesn't really need support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...