1. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

Me too, I knew R4 wouldn't release bogus software

Been scratching my head all day

Look out for the guide 2moro

2. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

you can't use just any game ID with any DS game as the user cheats you created won't be recognised by the R4DS, it has to be the game ID that you find in the rom or go to codejunkies website and look for the game ID there when you search in their codelist.

3. Zaraf

Zaraf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If there is a master code, do we need to add it?

4. iamwhoiam

Yeah, if the game isn't list on codejunkies (such as yu gi oh 2007), you need to use that tool to find it.

5. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

didn't you read my post? that M code doesn't work! it just give two white screens! neither M code from codejunkes or the M code you posted works. but i'm glad you got your user cheats working now, i was trying to tell you all along that both .dat flies have to be preset, and you don't overwrite overt the default codelist either as that will erase over all the codes that are preloaded in the file already.

6. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

My bad should of said it more clearly, I just mentioned where to find the code.

7. iamwhoiam

No, each game has a special mastercode which tells AR/R4/M3s/G6 real, which area to patch. The code I posted is the most common mastercode, used by 80% of all AR codes. I'm afraid animal crossing cheats won't work, unless you get an Action Replay cart which supports editing of mastercodes

8. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

there is no such thing available, yes with the latest action replay firmware you can enter codes manually but you cannot edit M codes, and why is the M code from codejunkies blocked? it's the same action replay format so it should work, do the flash carts put some kind of block or encryption on them or something? maybe that's why the R4DS didn't include animal crossing in the default codelist then.

9. iamwhoiam

Hold on, i'll make it more clear

This is what I think is happening according to all the ways I've tried to figure it out (which is a lot)

The R4 (and action replay cart) is programmed to find the mastercode:
    Code:
    C0000000 023DF000
    F20081CC E12FFF1E
    ...which is the area that the majority of games's cheat codes are designed to patch.

However, on the action replay cart you can specify your own mastercode (M). Not so on R4.

That is why AC:WW doesn't work, because it's mastercode is different, it doesn't work if you patch the above mastercode, cos that simply isn't what the code patches.
    However, YGO:WC07 does work, as it uses the standard mastercode

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say

If you need info about mastercodes, read cracker's trainer guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=44410&hl=

10. duelistXmist

duelistXmist Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Omg thanks alot [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Dazimus

Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

Didn't realise so many people enjoyed ruining their gameplay and challenge by cheating in games and not playing how they were meant to be played. Never understood cheating myself.

12. iamwhoiam

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48911

13. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

ok so basically you are saying that each game list that the R4DS puts onto the DS cheat list has it's own default M code, so by me putting codejunkies M code on top of it will make it not load? so basically the reason why animal crossing did not load was because there was 1 M code overriding the other one and they both clash and that's why it didn't work, man that's sucks, and you can't remove the M code from the default codelist i presume. and i can't use cracker's tutorial, as i hate dos commands and cannot run .bat files on my computer so i can't find my own M code unfortunately.

so that means in future any cheat codes that already have a M code i will not be able to use, man that really sucks balls.

14. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

go away ffs i don't care what you think.

15. iamwhoiam

Yes, that is my guess yes. And Action Replay retail carts allow mastercode editing, tagged (m) under their codejunkies website.
    Even if you specify your own mastercode, R4 doesn't know that the tag (m) means "change mastercode to..."

But, I guess it is the first linker to support AR codes, so give it a break =] R4 have done an excellent programming job into this, even though it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

16. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

well i'm gonna be buying pokemon diamond next week so all this bull crap restrictions can lay to rest for now, thanks god i own a actual action replay cart lol

17. Zaraf

Zaraf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm trying to add the following codes for Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker,

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...&topic=34529136

I can get my M3 Simply to have the codes in the "Press Y for Codes" list, and I'm able to select them and stuff, but when I activate the Master Code, the game comes up with 2 white screens. If I deactivate the Master Code, the game loads, but the codes aren't active.

Anyone know a solution?

18. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Hey umm Zaraf i think you didn't read the previous replys.

19. iamwhoiam

QFT edit: [​IMG] haha

20. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

does the codes you entered manually have a M code? if so the codes won't work as the default M code built into every codelist will override it, it was the same thing that happened with animal crossing, two white screens.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - released, Loader, Final