Hacking R4 DS Cheat Code Editor v0.4 English (R4CCE)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, I haven't fully moved over to the new editor, but slowly I'm switching to it. I need more info on some of the options....like what that master code is all about, what the GBK/BIG5/SJIS settings are for (something about the Japanese language
wacko.gif
), what exactly does R4DS Validation do......that kind of stuff. The Engrish in the readme is kinda hard to follow.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
At this point, I haven't fully moved over to the new editor, but slowly I'm switching to it. I need more info on some of the options....like what that master code is all about, what the GBK/BIG5/SJIS settings are for (something about the Japanese languageÂ
wacko.gif
), what exactly does R4DS Validation do......that kind of stuff. The Engrish in the readme is kinda hard to follow.
Oh yeah... we have to get it. Maybe we have to get a Japanese? There are one or two around there in GBATemp...
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Rayder I think you want to encrypt your new Cheat Databases as CHEAT.DAT tehefore we not need a blank CHEAT. DAT...
wink.gif

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have now pretty much moved completely to this new editor.....I only use the old one to get GameID's now.

I may consider encrypting the usrcheat.dat into a cheat.dat at some point. But there was issues with that in the old one where you couldn't edit it anymore once you encrypted it.

I haven't investigated that part of this new editor.....does it automatically encrypt a cheat.dat? Whenever I tried using R4crypt, I couldn't open the file anymore.
wacko.gif

And what is R4 Validation option for? Anyone know?

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have now pretty much moved completely to this new editor.....I only use the old one to get GameID's now.

I may consider encrypting the usrcheat.dat into a cheat.dat at some point. But there was issues with that in the old one where you couldn't edit it anymore once you encrypted it.

I haven't investigated that part of this new editor.....does it automatically encrypt a cheat.dat? Whenever I tried using R4crypt, I couldn't open the file anymore.Â
wacko.gif

And what is R4 Validation option for? Anyone know?
Well you can get the Game ID by the new editor too just click onto the "..." after the Game ID...
wink.gif
Don't you kenw??
ohmy.gif

Well really, but then just the person who want to edit it download this Editor and the problem is solved completely!!
smile.gif
wink.gif

And yes, if you check it whenever you open again it'll encrypt!
wink.gif

I don't know, but maybe it's for the CHEAT.DAT, too, but not too sure, just chek it and the Encrypt and you should be fine!
wink.gif
smile.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a problem when encrypting it into a cheat.dat......

As a usrcheat.dat, it will compress to ~200KB. As an encrypted cheat.dat it barely compresses at all. My current dat came up at 1.99MB compressed as an encrypted cheat.dat and 206KB as a usrcheat.dat. It's 2.05MB un-compressed.

I don't have a lot of personal webspace, only about 30MB total (compliments of my ISP), so I need to conserve as much of that space as possible. Since a usrcheat.dat compresses better than an encrypted cheat.dat by around 90%, I'm just gonna leave it as a usrcheat.dat.

While I technically have the space to host a 2MB file, I figure people with slow internet connections will appreciate the smaller download. Not to mention the space I save on my webspace.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I found a problem when encrypting it into a cheat.dat......

As a usrcheat.dat, it will compress to ~200KB. As an encrypted cheat.dat it barely compresses at all. My current dat came up at 1.99MB compressed as an encrypted cheat.dat and 206KB as a usrcheat.dat. It's 2.05MB un-compressed.

I don't have a lot of personal webspace, only about 30MB total (compliments of my ISP), so I need to conserve as much of that space as possible. Since a usrcheat.dat compresses better than an encrypted cheat.dat by around 90%, I'm just gonna leave it as a usrcheat.dat.

While I technically have the space to host a 2MB file, I figure people with slow internet connections will appreciate the smaller download. Not to mention the space I save on my webspace.
OH Really!!
ohmy.gif
Tried it... Hmm well it's because the Encryption, right?

HurricaneGame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dunno thought I red something in the first post about the translation like that screenshot nice english.

Are there updates?

And how or can you fuse/merge the duplicated games?

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Dunno thought I red something in the first post about the translation like that screenshot nice english.

Are there updates?

And how or can you fuse/merge the duplicated games?

Well as for the second question, yes, there are a new version: 0.05!

The changelog says:
QUOTE2007/10/03: Correcting the output of XML. However there is no relationship, as for the editor of Cyclo the [tsu] [po] which is restriction in the number of cords/codes it is? [pokemon] rescue team

So there isn't much changed to re-translate the app again, so that's not wort it now.

I think. Any suggestion?

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

Oh, yeah I noticed it. Well I'll fix that or even better I fix it in the program if I have to.

Oh and my English is improving over time, so don't worry!
tongue.gif

Oh and about the 0.6:
v0.6 Changelog2007/10/19: The character code setting of XML
2007/10/19: XML code character set

Hiei-YYH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.codemasters-project.net
XP
Country
-- KNOWN "BUG": When you want to quit after you modified the current Database, the dialog have Japanese text. I just can't do this because I didn't found where is that text is. Any help is appreciated!! --

0x000AE8E0 to 0x000AE908. that's where this text is stored. just in case you didn't found it yet. (for v0.4)

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
-- KNOWN "BUG": When you want to quit after you modified the current Database, the dialog have Japanese text. I just can't do this because I didn't found where is that text is. Any help is appreciated!! --

0x000AE8E0 to 0x000AE908. that's where this text is stored. just in case you didn't found it yet. (for v0.4)
Oh My! Who we have there!! What a Pleasure!!! Hiei-YYH!!! *make a deep bow*

Whoa, You just hacked this too... wow... Well I'ma bout to translate the newest one, if it releases, the 0.7. I think I find that text in that.

Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk