Not open for further replies.

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I need help, im trying to stop my poor ds from being bricked and i need a new firmware. here are the ones i have tryed

M3DSS:stoped using it because they are releasing a bricking firmware

YSmenu:Cannot boot Homebrew

M3 Sakura:Carnt boot games

And these are the ones that i haven't tried

R4 III.....very updated would be nice

R4 SDHC.....sdhc would be great

Cyclo DS Evo.....would be nice

M3 Real.....most favored

Supercard...not very favored but if it means no brick i'm with ya

thank you for reading and i thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH if you can help me out
rolleyes.gif

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhh... I'm not really understanding what you've asked, but I'm going on a limb and assume that you're asking what firmware you should download. Download the official 1.18 firmware for the R4. It won't brick your DS and works perfectly fine... (I think). I think the firmware you are thinking of that will brick your DS is 1.19, which isn't out yet and when it will, you'll probably read threads about it and how someone will have hacked it and made it safe. But like I said, firmware 1.18 is the way to go. I think there are several games that don't work with the 1.18 firmware (Trauma Center 2?), but there's a patcher for it, and even a patched version... 1.18.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
I know for a fact that the cyclods firmware has no chance of running on an R4 without beeing heavily modded, like what the edge firmware is like. and for the last time, r4sdhc firmware wont make your r4 sdhc.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beve said:
I need help, im trying to stop my poor ds from being bricked and i need a new firmware. here are the ones i have tryed

M3 Real.....most favored

rolleyes.gif

use the original R4 1.18 KERNEL and run YSMENU as an NDS FILE and dont set it as the main KERNEL loader then you can boot homebrew in R4 and swap to YSMENU for games that dont work in 1.18
smile.gif

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In terms of future compatibility, YSMenu seems to be the only candidate.

I'm sure Yasu will develop a DLDI for it eventually.

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
beve said:

M3 Real.....most favored

rolleyes.gif

use the original R4 1.18 KERNEL and run YSMENU as an NDS FILE and dont set it as the main KERNEL loader then you can boot homebrew in R4 and swap to YSMENU for games that dont work in 1.18
smile.gif
Maybe it'd be easier to find the patch version... but I did not know that method!

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
skrew R4 team im not running the risk i have a brand new ds lite and its not happening

UPDATE:SDHC DOSENT WORK stuck on loading screen

im not running the new firmware no matter what and please dont leave no shit Sherlock answers like matrix

so please people dont leave answers on telling me to run the stinking r4 firmware IM NOT!

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ysmenu is crap i cannot boot hb and i heard there a teendev or something flashcard OS

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
beve said:
ysmenu is crap i cannot boot hb and i heard there a teendev or something flashcard OS

Well, you're SOL then if you're not satisfied with either YSmenu and the regular R4 kernel.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beve,

No doubt about it, you love chasing your own tail!
wacko.gif

My Gee-O-Dee, you are extremely lucky no one has flamed you yet! ...they must be having the day off
rofl.gif

Although you already know the answer, there are your ONLY two options:
1. R4DS firmware, latest is 1.18 (hacked Sakura is only useful for music/movie files)
2. YSMenu hack - ROM (better compatability) & direct boot to expansion pack. No homebrew works yet.

I already know you are not going to like the answer, but you need to face facts. If you are that sh*t scared of bricking your DS for a possible future R4 firmware update, you should look to purchase another cheap slot-1 and use it until ALL of the other R4 users brick there ds (or not!).

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beve said:
so please people dont leave answers on telling me to run the stinking r4 firmware IM NOT!

Then why on Earth did you buy an R4? You should have bought another card if you wanted to run other cards' firmwares... Your point was valid enough when you started this topic, but your QQ attitude is starting to irritate people.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beve said:
skrew R4 team im not running the risk i have a brand new ds lite and its not happening

im not running the new firmware no matter what and please dont leave no shit Sherlock answers like matrix

1) its a DS light they have a bootblock that cant be overwritten without shorting SL1 i believe it is....

2) sorry but i cant handle people like you who buy something then fucking bitch about it...

if its so much of a fucking problem throw the fucking R4 in the bin and oh.... i dont know buy a card that runs the firmware that you like

seriously

you are a douche

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
littlestevie said:
beve said:

1) its a DS light they have a bootblock that cant be overwritten without shorting SL1 i believe it is....

2) sorry but i cant handle people like you who buy something then fucking bitch about it...

if its so much of a fucking problem throw the fucking R4 in the bin and oh.... i dont know buy a card that runs the firmware that you like

seriously

you are a douche

Did the thought ever cross your mind that he bought the card a while back while the support was still good?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I suggest not getting the R4 and if you already have one, you really should think about getting a new flashcard, there are plenty of flashcards out there that are far cheaper and have better support, compatibility and features. The R4 has stopped being manufactured which means that it has reached the end of its life. You can expect only minor updates if any at all from the R4 team though right now, it doesn't look promising.

Several games, even some that came out over a year ago don't work on the R4. Also many newer games coming out have problems on the R4 either not running the game at all or the game is extremely buggy and freeze often. Also games with the new save type are not supported on the R4 so any games coming out with the new save type will not save. Also there are a few homebrew apps that have trouble on the R4 as well.

The R4 overall, is extremely limited and buggy. The cheat system has many flaws and can cause games to freeze or simply nt work when using cheats on some games. Also a few cheat types are not supported leaving you with a good many cheats not working on the R4. Also the R4 limits the number of cheats and games that gets displayed on the cheats page.

So basically, the R4 is on life support ans has been for quite a long time now. Many newer flashcards have surpassed the R4 in many ways, including compatibility. The R4 is showing its age, thanks to hardware limitations (The R4 Firmware not being flashable), features like SDHC support and many others can never be added. The R4 was a fine cart when it first came out, but now its just an old, over prices flashcard.

I also want to know that the R4 has many clones as well, some supporting SDHC cards. These are not enhanced R4s nor improved, they simply had the hardware added to support SDHC cards while the loader/firmware they use is the exact same as the real R4DS byte to byte. This means that the clones have the same problems of the real R4DS and if the R4DS stops getting updated, so will the clones. So the R4 Upgrade V2, N5, R4DS III and so on are just all cheat knockoffs and should be avoided at all costs as the R4 Team is planning one last update that will brick the clones and possibly the DS that they are on.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
littlestevie said:
beve said:

seriously

you are a douche

Did the thought ever cross your mind that he bought the card a while back while the support was still good?

the OP has a brand new ds lite...

Nuff said

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Id like to make my flame reality and burn you...LOL. So please accept the truth and listen to them about ysmenu or buy a new flashcart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users