spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume you are using the Opera DS browser with Ram expansion?

trolleywebsiteWWW BROWSER - This isn’t intended as a fully functional web browser,
just a way of viewing R4DS support pages. It reads the list from a text
file in the R4 Commander folder called wwwsites.r4c. It follows a simple
2 line structure. The first line is the description and the next line is the
actual web address. All lines are read from the file and the description
is placed in the address box. The browser allows for downloading.

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you are using the Opera DS browser with Ram expansion?

trolleywebsite said:
WWW BROWSER - This isn’t intended as a fully functional web browser,
just a way of viewing R4DS support pages. It reads the list from a text
file in the R4 Commander folder called wwwsites.r4c. It follows a simple
2 line structure. The first line is the description and the next line is the
actual web address. All lines are read from the file and the description
is placed in the address box. The browser allows for downloading.

Whoops, I guess I missed that information. Doh! At least that answers my question.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus fucking Christ trolleydave. This sounds awesome.

Cheers! It started out as just a quick project cos I couldn't find a program that unpack a save from an archive and copied it to the card along with the NDS file. Then I got lazy and couldn't be bothered to copy all the saves back into the archives so wrote a routine to copy everything to a library and it just kind of grew from there.

I don't think too many people are actually using it or trying it out tho as I've only had a couple of replies about the program. I know alot of people have a preferred way of setting up their card but if you're not that assed then this program really is for you. There's a couple of things I still need to work out (like pulling the .SAV files from installed emulators. I've got a way but it's not automatic enough so am still working on it) but it's most definitely usable.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think too many people are actually using it or trying it out tho as I've only had a couple of replies about the program. I know alot of people have a preferred way of setting up their card but if you're not that assed then this program really is for you. There's a couple of things I still need to work out (like pulling the .SAV files from installed emulators. I've got a way but it's not automatic enough so am still working on it) but it's most definitely usable.

if people arent using it, its seriously their loss. i got my R4 yesterday and you saved me tons of time.
wub.gif

thanks so much for the program! (and adding in NDSmail for me! xD)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version 0.995beta released.
Uhmm, it sounds great, but where? Ahh, I see it (search for a post called "the program", though it doesn't say what version the links are to it is the latest one). You know, you can retouch the date of blog posts to keep them at the top if you want
wink.gif

Thanks TrolleyDave, you sure put a lot of stuff into the program.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think too many people are actually using it or trying it out tho as I've only had a couple of replies about the program.  I know alot of people have a preferred way of setting up their card but if you're not that assed then this program really is for you.  There's a couple of things I still need to work out (like pulling the .SAV files from installed emulators.  I've got a way but it's not automatic enough so am still working on it) but it's most definitely usable.

if people arent using it, its seriously their loss. i got my R4 yesterday and you saved me tons of time.
wub.gif

thanks so much for the program! (and adding in NDSmail for me! xD)

Cheers! All thanks most gratefully received! I'll probably be adding the support for multi-skinning tomorrow and uploading it to the blog so if you're interested in having the 1.07 firmware that lets you cycle through different skins then keep an eye out.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 0.995beta released.

Uhmm, it sounds great, but where? Ahh, I see it (search for a post called "the program", though it doesn't say what version the links are to it is the latest one). You know, you can retouch the date of blog posts to keep them at the top if you want
wink.gif

Thanks TrolleyDave, you sure put a lot of stuff into the program.

Sweet mate cheers! It's the first blog I've set up so I'm a little new to it.

New version v0.996beta released. Now has support for firmware 1.07a with multi-skin support and theme pack support.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
v0.997beta released today. Now allows retrieval of homebrew saves from the microsd card with the touch of a button. The program has also been split into the R4 Commander and the M3S Commander so M3 Simply users can use it with the M3 showing instead of the R4.

File structures have changed slightly but will not affect you unless you want to be able to retrieve the saves from the card.

All applications in the packs have been updated to the newest releases (ComicBookDS 2.1, DSOrganize 2.6 and something else!).

All updates available on the blogsite which has been restructured to make it easier for people to find the program.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
All files now hosted on a server, no more FileFactory or MegaUpload! Thanks go to fischju over at GBATMW. So anybody who had problems downloading before shouldn't have a problem now.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
hey dave,

i've been using it for the last couple of days, and then i tried updating it to 1.07 with ur update pack...ever since then, when i open the .exe, it says Error: file not found

and when i go to the utils folder it says Access Violation

i think it may have something to do with the registry or something.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
hey dave,

i've been using it for the last couple of days, and then i tried updating it to 1.07 with ur update pack...ever since then, when i open the .exe, it says Error: file not found

and when i go to the utils folder it says Access Violation

i think it may have something to do with the registry or something.

Cheers mate, just looking into it now... was it 1.07a or b?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what's caused the problem but I'm afraid you'll have to go into the registry and delete the keys called R4_Commander and R4Commander. It's caused by the changes I did after 0.00a and the program trying to automatically upgrade the old files.

I've fixed it (it no longer upgrades 0.00a files, does anyone still use it?) and I'm uploading the fix shortly so you might want to grab it. Also I've fixed the file naming of Firmware Pack 1.07a so it'll show up in the Install Updates file list now.

Also added dsLinux, Project JDS, Phidias and RiverCrossing 0.30 to the site.

EDIT : Updated files on blog, kept same version number though folks to make it easier on the folks at Moddz.com who've only just posted a news story about the program! D'oh! Upgrading the program should stop the problem without having to delete any registry keys.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 1.00 released! Yes the program is fully working! See the blog for details!

Fixes for this build
- Preview panel in skins tab works.
- Fixed a problem with the MavisXP settings where
it was starting 15 pages into the new files.
- Fixed the MicroSD Card Drive and Free Space text
fonts. Should look OK on other peoples machines and
not just mine (noticed it on the Moddz.com pic!)

Additions for this build
- You can now assign an image to a NDS file or
archive.
- The game name now shows just the game name.
The software house and cartridge publisher have
been moved to seperate labels.
- The skin preview box now informs you if files
are missing from the archive.
- You can now display a preview JPG file from
within a skin archive.
- The utils tab now displays the output paths on
the MicroSD card and details on how to change
them.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.00 released! Yes the program is fully working! See the blog for details!

Fixes for this build
- Preview panel in skins tab works.
- Fixed a problem with the MavisXP settings where
it was starting 15 pages into the new files.
- Fixed the MicroSD Card Drive and Free Space text
fonts. Should look OK on other peoples machines and
not just mine (noticed it on the Moddz.com pic!)

Additions for this build
- You can now assign an image to a NDS file or
archive.
- The game name now shows just the game name.
The software house and cartridge publisher have
been moved to seperate labels.
- The skin preview box now informs you if files
are missing from the archive.
- You can now display a preview JPG file from
within a skin archive.
- The utils tab now displays the output paths on
the MicroSD card and details on how to change
them.

thanks so much! im going to dl it right now!
grog.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
i've found problems with the learn japanese and the ipod-like mp3 player, dont think thats a problem on your part though. ipod thing loads, but the screen is totally messed up. and japanese goes to a black screen.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i've found problems with the learn japanese and the ipod-like mp3 player, dont think thats a problem on your part though. ipod thing loads, but the screen is totally messed up. and japanese goes to a black screen.

No worries, it could be the way I packaged them up. I only test them once to see if they're working so I might have changed something that affected the way these two work. Was it the Project JDS learn Japanese program or the other one (can't remember it's name sorry!). I think I know what might be wrong with the Licks Media Player, will try and get them redone tonight.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States

No worries, it could be the way I packaged them up. I only test them once to see if they're working so I might have changed something that affected the way these two work. Was it the Project JDS learn Japanese program or the other one (can't remember it's name sorry!). I think I know what might be wrong with the Licks Media Player, will try and get them redone tonight.

it was the japanese learning one. also, i understand that if dsorganize screws me over its my fault alone, but when you use DSOrganize, does it work out alright?

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt