Hacking R4 Commander V2.0

PaulOnFire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey TrolleyDave! I got a question! I Just got a new PC and i want to install R4 Commander on it.
I've got a big ROM collection and i dont want to have to add it all to the Games Library again.
What files would i have to copy over from the old comp to the new one so i dont have to do this, or would it best just to add em again??

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You'd have to export the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\R4Commander from the old machine and import it into the new machine. You'd also have to copy over the GAMELIST.IDX file thats stored in the DATA folder in the R4 Commander folder.

PaulOnFire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome it worked! That saved me alot of time! Thanks for ya help!
Keep up the good work it just keeps gettng better and better each time!
biggrin.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
@PaulOnFire : No probs mate, glad it worked! Thanks for the compliments on the app as well mate, most appreciated!

@Everyone : There's a bug in the program, it's kind of serious but easily solved! I forgot to make it default to a server so if you find it's not updating the release list just select a server from the Program menu in the main window. Sorry about that folks.

PaulOnFire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a problem! I just tried to open R4 commander and i got an error on my screen saying "Error downloading latest release list! Sorry!". I click on "Ok", the Error Box goes away, but nothing happens. I then have to right click on the R4 Commander on task bar to close it. I'm guessing its a problem with the release list server, and ill wait till its fixed, but I was wondering if there was a way to open it up to to change to the other server?
Any other sugestions will be fine too.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry mate I totally forgot to post an announcement in here but there's an update to 2.03b to fix the problem. Grab it from the 1st post.

artisan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to change the game title? by that i mean when you highlight the game youre going to play, it shows the title, icon, and developer...

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been posted (it's 8 pages long!) but I've been trying to use R4 commander, and it keeps coming up with the message: jpeg error #53. Any help is awesome. What's wrong with the program?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been posted (it's 8 pages long!) but I've been trying to use R4 commander, and it keeps coming up with the message: jpeg error #53. Any help is awesome. What's wrong with the program?

Where is it happening? That message will usually pop up if it can't find the boxart/acreenshot on the server. Are you entering the new rom details manually? What release numbers is it happening with? I might've forgot to upload a few pics.

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
@ trolleydave

Well, one day my laptop wasn't connected to the internet, so when it tried using R4Commander it tried getting new boxart for the games. Everytime I go on from then on, that message pops up before the program starts.

I've also tried reinstalling R4 Commander, but I can't drag the ROMs in anymore. Actually, I can't really access or direct files to go into my SD card.

Just a random question: with the R4 now being able to DS Download (with the assistance of R4DS.com's Rom TRimmer), does the R4 trim it so that games may be able to DS download as well?

Thanks in advance
happy.gif

DOUBLE POST: Hey, I managed to get rid of the problem! Thanks anyways trolleydave!

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also have the same problem as Paul : "Error downloading latest release list! Sorry!"

btw I'm currently using the 2.03b
on errors: images for some ROMs in my library are not right. Some of them display a "Yakitate Japan" boxart but with the correct screens. I don't edit them in any way aside from removing the dumper and ROM number via file rename on the desktop before drag and dropping them on the R4 commander.

any help would be much appreciated
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica