Hacking R4 Commander V2.0

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I really dig the proggie, it catalogs really well. I don't know what database it downloads from though because it doesn't seem to recognize 1235 Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Touch de Dokodon!. (says latest is 1212) Just some bugs/suggestions

Thanks, although I've just found a bug in the way the way I catalog the stuff with some of the newer games (a couple of the pokemon games). It downloads it's own database but I haven't had any time at all to update it, it's updated now to 1305.

1. I found one kinda bug, if you set the rom paths and then rename one of the directories, go back and try set the paths again it says paths not found and won't let you reset them.Â

I'll fix that ASAP.

2. I know this isn't a bug but why does it have to unrar/zip every single rom to catalog? Also what would be cool is if it automatically updated your catalog from your rom paths.

It has to unpack the rom at least once to be able to see whats inside the archive. It doesn't get its information from the file name, it gets it from the actual rom header.

To catalog them direct from rom paths open the classic file browser from the main window.

3. I know there's a browse microsd option but what would be cool is if it would it would autoload the catalog off the microSD and allow you to add and remove roms virtually(maybe even backing up saves while removing/adding) and press a button to complete the changes.

I see what you mean. It's not really something I was considering putting in the program, I'll look into it though.

4. It would be cool to also have a skin browser that automatically found and display skins by directory in a given path allowing them to be written to the card.

Erm, open up the SkinR4 utility using the button on the right hand side or pick Skins from the Library menu.

All of these features seem pretty much there, your coding skill surpasses mine by far. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I'm pretty new to it all though, hence the reason it's a permanent work in progress and the occasional major bug slides into the code!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tried to open archive with rom+jpg+ a readme file in it, and your programm freezes
removed the readme file from archive and every thing works fine
please can you make your program just ignore other files then DS.jpg and DS.nds in a archive?

There must have been a corrupting in the archive or something. The program just unpacks and repacks the files when it renames them. When it comes to trimming/copying the rom to the card it just unpacks everything and ignores it all except the .NDS file.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump!

Might be unnecessary, but it's 1am here so me reading this thread will burst my brain. My question is, with the recent firmware update (v1.11) being released, does the rom trimmer in this program trim games correctly for the Wi-Fi functions to work?

Is R4 Commander V2.0's ROM trimmer similar to the R4's official site's ROM Trimmer?

Thanks in advance!

Yep, it's been safe trimming since before V1.00 was released!
wink.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Minor update with minor bug fixes and additions
-------------------------------------------------------
- Fixed link to Scorpei’s Guide To Homebrew
- Fixed boxart numbering bug. Boxarts > 1300 weren’t showing.
- Added WWW link for GBA-TWM
- Added WWW link for NDSThemes
- Added WWW link for Nentindo (Dutch site)
- Added ability to reinitialize release list for resyncing.

Installations
--------------
http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/Com...V2.01.Setup.zip
http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/Com...V2.01.Setup.rar
http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/Com...V2.01.Setup.exe

Binary version
-----------------
http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/Com...2.01.Binary.zip
http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/Com...2.01.Binary.rar

Antelope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone using this on Vista? I am. When I drop games into my library they do not get added to the library. SO, my library is empty.

jamesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having problems installing the more recent roms (luminous arc, rune Factory, Madden 08 etc). Had no problems until this point. I get unable to load jpeg then the option to remove from library, which I chose no, then R4Commander hangs and become unresponsive.
Is this because I dosen't recognise roms after 1300?
Shame because it's a great program.
Drag and drop for the win!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having problems installing the more recent roms (luminous arc, rune Factory, Madden 08 etc). Had no problems until this point. I get unable to load jpeg then the option to remove from library, which I chose no, then R4Commander hangs and become unresponsive.
Is this because I dosen't recognise roms after 1300?
Shame because it's a great program.
Drag and drop for the win!

Have you downloaded the 2.01 update? That should fix the problems you're having.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It used to be a little faster but on slower cards it kept pausing while Windows caught up and people kept thinking it had crashed so I slowed it down a little. It's about 10% slower than the write speed of the card.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
V2.03 Released! Download either from my blog (http://blogs.moddz.com/trolleyguy/) or from the first post.

Fixes/Changes
————–
1) Added ability to display a background skin in the main window. Add files called “ezcbg.jpg” to put an image behind the main information part, “ezcrp.jpg” to put an image behind the buttons and “ezcbp.jpg” to put an image behind the bottom status part where the progress bars are. It doesn’t matter about the size as the program will just stretch the picture to fit, this is also non-proportional and non-centered. The build list box isn’t transparent (I’m lacking the coding skills at the moment to do it, but soon!) so you might want to use textures rather than pictures as a background.
2) Sped up the trimming, sorry folks but I broke it in the last build. Somehow I’d managed to change it from 4k write chunks to 4 byte write chunks. This build will solve all the speed problems! Trimmed Zoo Keeper direct to the MicroSD card in under 4 seconds.
3) Sped up the unarchiving process.
4) Now does recursive archive scans when adding to the library or renaming.
5) You can now enter the details for games missing from the release list when you drop an unknown game into the main window.
6) You can now tell the program to skip error messages.
7) You can now choose between the DPGDownloads and Moddz servers again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff