Hacking R4 clone troubles

mav0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a R4SDHC, however the newer R4sdhc kernel (1.35 or something) doesn't work on mine. however the older 1.25 does. and all the kernels on R4SDHCCN.com also work. I bought it over a year ago so i do not remember exactly if that was where i got it from or not. The back has the "ROHS CARD-7A" clearly visible and the front of it looks like this http://stuffyouneed.net/images/R4box.jpg aswell as the box it came in looked like that though i dont have it anymore.

The problem im having is running pokemon white/black ive tried several patched/fixed versions and even bootable kernels like wood or the retrogamefan multicart. i can still not seem to get it to work. what bugs me is the retrogamefan multicart works fine, it can run other games fine, but not pokemon white. ive been searching for hours over this forum and google. downloaded so many firmwares and rom patches.

can someone with more knowledge help me out here?

edit: the exact issue im having is "load rom errcode=-4" when i try to boot it using the multicart update (http://filetrip.net/f24559-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-56.html)

RandomFox$&

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure thats the r4ultra because i have the SAME card and SAME box if you want pokemon white/black english to work follow these steps. Its really an r4ultra but it just says sdhc because the r4utra can use sdhc sd cards. The other r4 sdhc comes in a red box.

1. Use this kernel instead of the one you are currently using

R4Uys: http://www.r4i-dstti.com/Kernel/d/r4uys.rar

2. Unzip your ROMS and place them in your games folder or at the root of your sd card

3. Open your YSMenu folder and replace "YSMenu.ini" with this file which will make it english:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6b8o85kobgk485z

4.Open your rom and have fun

RandomFox$&

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
How about you don't use patched/fixed verisons of Pokemon White and Black in YSMenu... Clean roms work just fine

mav0 hasnt tried the ysmenu links i gave him yet. On the ysmenu I put the links for it doesnt matter if the roms patched or not as i have used it.

mav0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer you both in order

i removed the firmware on my card and put on what you gave. it starts up, says "Loading..." like normal then does one of two things. Turns the DS off or the top screen goes white bottom screen goes black.

and using the multicart update's ysmenu i tried booting unpatched versions of the game to no avail. maybe ill try setting it up again

if anyone could just make a blank .sav for me and go to the wifi thing and get the liberty card (im pretty sure itll work even if you havent started you game) from the wifi gift. an upload it for me before it's gone

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mav0 said:

i removed the firmware on my card and put on what you gave. it starts up, says "Loading..." like normal then does one of two things. Turns the DS off or the top screen goes white bottom screen goes black.

and using the multicart update's ysmenu i tried booting unpatched versions of the game to no avail. maybe ill try setting it up again

Should work, since ROM errcode 4 is a DSTT error.

mav0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
mav0 said:

this is currently what im doing, running the last working kernel as my default. then running the multicart's ysmenu.nds that comes in the folder for R4 clones.
then from there booting the rom

am i doing something wrong here?

edit: unless you meant the kernel he uploaded, then i dunno. i removed everything but my games folder. then moved that onto my card and it didnt work.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mav0 said:
Evo.lve said:
mav0 said:

this is currently what im doing, running the last working kernel as my default. then running the multicart's ysmenu.nds that comes in the folder for R4 clones.
then from there booting the rom

am i doing something wrong here?

Have you tried the RetroGameFan infolibs/firmwares/whatevers?

mav0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mentioned that already, unless you mean something other than the retrofan multicart v6.56 R4_Clone Ysmenu?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mav0 said:
i mentioned that already, unless you mean something other than the retrofan multicart v6.56 R4_Clone Ysmenu?

Ah, sorry, my bad.

In that case, is there a website on your cart? If there is, what is it?

Also, backup all your stuff and format your microSD card with the Panasonic SD formatter. Then try again and see what happens.

mav0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i mentioned it in my first post, but once again the box i had is gone, i dont remember if it had a site on it. the card itself has no site on the bottom. but the kernel from R4SDHCCN.com works, and any older r4 kernel (up to 1.25) seems to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: