Homebrew R4.cia for 3DS Play NDS Games without a Flashcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to propose this very task to anyone who would think it would be awesome! :)

how cool would it be to be able to boot into an r4 menu with a cia and not have to use a flashcard anymore?

thoughts or opinions are welcome :)

Reactions: Margen67 and Idaho

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
The title is a bit misleading, and I don't think it may be possible (although dsiware exists on 3DS and it runs on DS mode).

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well hopefully fantasy turns into reality and yes the title was misleading but I wanted to get people looking here and maybe get them excited for it :)

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well hopefully fantasy turns into reality and yes the title was misleading but I wanted to get people looking here and maybe get them excited for it :)
That's called being cancer. Just post it (not like a douche) and those interrested in developing it will look into it.

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's called being cancer. Just post it (not like a douche) and those interrested in developing it will look into it.

+1 Thread title is majorly misleading, especially if you're not even trying to develop it yourself.

OP:
Any ideas on how to accomplish this? While you're at it, any ideas on how to get the GBA VC games to run? No?

I'd be interested in helping develop such a thing, but I'm not really sure where I'd start, considering I don't really have the time to do ALL of the ground work.

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are essentially talking about a rom loader. I'm all for it, and would definitely put it to use. But good luck getting the morality police to do anything like this.
Essentially? I wasn't aware there was any ambiguity in this topic :rofl2:

Anyways, I'd actually like for someone more well versed in the inner workings of the 3ds to weigh in here. I know enough about how it works to not ask stupid questions or make stupid topics based on faulty logic or baseless speculation.
What kind of challenges would such a project be facing here?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That title needs to be changed ASAP
And purposefully making a misleading title made a bannable offense.

Essentially? I wasn't aware there was any ambiguity in this topic :rofl2:

Anyways, I'd actually like for someone more well versed in the inner workings of the 3ds to weigh in here. I know enough about how it works to not ask stupid questions or make stupid topics based on faulty logic or baseless speculation.
What kind of challenges would such a project be facing here?
I'm in the same boat as you really, but I just wanted to chime in that the launcher reads microSD from cartridge slot to find roms. to get it reading sd slot I think a new launcher would need to be created as I don't think it's opensource.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
As of reading this the title doesn't seem misleading to me, the question mark at the end is a clear indicator it's another spammy post with someone who's looking for a hand out. I'm not gonna judge because I myself have to wait for other people to do things in regards to 3DS development but on the plus side I don't create new threads and if I ever did I would have something to contribute that hasn't been mentioned before.

PS You're not proposing something that hasn't been proposed on gbatemp already. And you're not the first to create a whole new pointless thread about it either.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't remember there being a question mark when I first responded to the thread.

Then someone must have added it. If there wasn't a question mark then I can imagine why everyone would be incensed about this post, shame on you Energy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4