Hacking R4 Cheats

jubzafara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Downloaded the cheats, deleted all the cheats i dun need (took quite awhile) with YS Cheat Editor but i still cant see the cheats. Can someone help please?
biggrin.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you using CHEAT.DAT and USRCHEAT.DAT cos if u are (like me) you have to downgrade your CHEAT.DAT file to a older one and keep ur USRCHEAT.DAT up to date. this works with other cheat files as well
moogle.gif

Ace_boy2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for reviving a 1/2 month old almost dead topic but I was wondering if anyone has a R4DS SDHC that the usrcheat.dat file won't work right?

Mine will let me go into it (customized to only the 10 games on my card) and select codes i want on then click "save and exit" but nothing is saved just exited Go into the game and nothing happens when I press the trigger buttons and if i look in the cheat file when I try to activate codes I save and exit and enable cheats then go immediately back into the cheats menu, it is back to disabled and nothing activated. Anyone one know what is going on and how to fix it??? (this happen to anyone else who figured it out???)

Thanks for any help that may be rendered!

Edit* P.S. I've tried YSMenu and I can't get it to play the .nds files only the .gba ones so I have to use the R4 for .nds and YSMenu for GBA, as well as lameboy in r4 for GB/GBC

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ace_boy2099 said:
sorry for reviving a 1/2 month old almost dead topic but I was wondering if anyone has a R4DS SDHC that the usrcheat.dat file won't work right?

Mine will let me go into it (customized to only the 10 games on my card) and select codes i want on then click "save and exit" but nothing is saved just exited Go into the game and nothing happens when I press the trigger buttons and if i look in the cheat file when I try to activate codes I save and exit and enable cheats then go immediately back into the cheats menu, it is back to disabled and nothing activated. Anyone one know what is going on and how to fix it??? (this happen to anyone else who figured it out???)

Edit* P.S. I've tried YSMenu and I can't get it to play the .nds files only the .gba ones so I have to use the R4 for .nds and YSMenu for GBA, as well as lameboy in r4 for GB/GBC

I've got a similar problem with my R4DS SDHC. Well, first of all, the skin changing... there's no way around that as far as I can tell. And as for cheats... if it's not from r4ds-ultra.com, it doesn't work. Well, sometimes other files work. But I tried making my own with the official R4DS code editor and nothing worked. I tried usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat (I believe cheat.dat is the only one that works on R4DS SDHC). Any time that cheat files do work, though, they create .cht files for each game I access that the cheat.dat file has cheats for. So that's confusing. I still am not able to make my own cheats though. If cheats don't work though, pressing Y will do nothing. If there are no cheats for the game, it'll say so. But when there are cheats and the R4 doesn't like the file, it doesn't do anything when I press Y for cheats. I'm totally confused. And the skins have stumped me too.

Ace_boy2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
Ace_boy2099 said:

I've got a similar problem with my R4DS SDHC. Well, first of all, the skin changing... there's no way around that as far as I can tell. And as for cheats... if it's not from r4ds-ultra.com, it doesn't work. Well, sometimes other files work. But I tried making my own with the official R4DS code editor and nothing worked. I tried usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat (I believe cheat.dat is the only one that works on R4DS SDHC). Any time that cheat files do work, though, they create .cht files for each game I access that the cheat.dat file has cheats for. So that's confusing. I still am not able to make my own cheats though. If cheats don't work though, pressing Y will do nothing. If there are no cheats for the game, it'll say so. But when there are cheats and the R4 doesn't like the file, it doesn't do anything when I press Y for cheats. I'm totally confused. And the skins have stumped me too.

I have the skins working, Once I saw the video on Youtube it all made sense. as for the cheats in my usrcheat.dat file, It worked at one time but it just suddenly stopped working right, I've tried re-formatting the card and everything and it just don't want to work correctly. I can get into the cheats menu and it all works fine but it just won't save the active codes as active so they can be used.

As for the skins you have to make a folder in your "_system_" folder then in that "themes" then "themexx" where you replace the xx with 01-12. In each themexx folder you put the files for the theme which you can download off the internet (i forgot the URL) and it will either change skins when you want (manualy) or each month (Automatic - Default) Jan being theme01, Feb being theme02, etc...
You can only have 12 themes at any given time. You can put more than 12 themes on the card but it just won't read them, I've tried.

I think this is the place I got my skins, I'm not sure.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ace_boy2099 said:
TCJJ said:
Ace_boy2099 said:

I have the skins working, Once I saw the video on Youtube it all made sense. as for the cheats in my usrcheat.dat file, It worked at one time but it just suddenly stopped working right, I've tried re-formatting the card and everything and it just don't want to work correctly. I can get into the cheats menu and it all works fine but it just won't save the active codes as active so they can be used.

As for the skins you have to make a folder in your "_system_" folder then in that "themes" then "themexx" where you replace the xx with 01-12. In each themexx folder you put the files for the theme which you can download off the internet (i forgot the URL) and it will either change skins when you want (manualy) or each month (Automatic - Default) Jan being theme01, Feb being theme02, etc...
You can only have 12 themes at any given time. You can put more than 12 themes on the card but it just won't read them, I've tried.

I think this is the place I got my skins, I'm not sure.
Nope. See, the problem is, I know exactly what to do but the slightest skin change from what comes with the kernel from the r4ds website, and making my own cheat files (as well as some I download - it has to be cheat.dat files when I download as renaming to usrcheat.dat also doesn't work) just messes it up. I've tried everything I can think of, but the slightest change makes it picky. I tried YSMenu but that gives me an unsupported dldi name error for my ROMs and I have to have it as a manually booted .nds file as it won't boot automatically and hangs the R4DS on the LOADING... screen when I turn on my DS if I don't have the kernel from r4ds-ultra.com installed. It's stupid but I have no way around it, and I really need help. Especially with the cheats. I really want to change the skins but if I can at least make my own cheats, that's a very good start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?