Homebrew R4 Card Problem

MrMario123

Switch Maniac :D
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I wanted to use a R4 card for running DS games on 3DS, and I found this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/416434/ . I tried every single one, and only the R4i Gold one worked, but I have another problem, when I insert the r4 card in my 3ds (luma3ds 11.0) while its on, the sounds cuts off and then it stops working. When I restart the console, sometomes boots and works, sometimes there's not even backlight. Does anyone know a fix?
This is how my R4 card looks like:
95b010ffc5e5ba9e670ca44731b0d0c1.jpg

Sent from my Stone Age Phone using Talk-a-stone.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should just buy a new flashcart. The original R4 is extremely old and wasn't even supported by 3ds, hence why you have to use hack ways to load it. IMO you would be better off purchasing a R4i Gold card from nds-card.com for about $18, which actually supports up to the latest 3ds firmware.
Plus this would probably be better to post in either the "3DS - Flashcarts & Custom Firmwares" section or "NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories" as this is not relevant to homebrew development nor emulators.

Also the console can freeze from bad DS carts, so maybe your R4 is just getting old and not working properly. Because just having the cart in should not freeze the console. So you may just have to get a new card anyway.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

MrMario123

Switch Maniac :D
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You should just buy a new flashcart. The original R4 is extremely old and wasn't even supported by 3ds, hence why you have to use hack ways to load it. IMO you would be better off purchasing a R4i Gold card from nds-card.com for about $18, which actually supports up to the latest 3ds firmware.
Plus this would probably be better to post in either the "3DS - Flashcarts & Custom Firmwares" section or "NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories" as this is not relevant to homebrew development nor emulators.
Idk what I'll do, I have a DS Lite and it works flawlessly on it, but idk if im gonny buy the R4 Gold... Thx for the advice btw ;)

Sent from my Stone Age Phone using Talk-a-stone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill