Hacking R4 can't work with GBA Mode on XG FLash

pwnazar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i have a Xg Flash Cart 128mb with SlimLoader 3, i've burned the Metroid Fusion on it, Single Rom without any menu, i've started it with the DS on Slot 2, and the R4 unpluged on Slot 1, and it works Ok. but when i put on R4, and load the GBA Mode on the menu, it gives me a White Screen!!

Does the R4 is not compatible with XG Flash products? Anyway, in this GBA mode, if it works, can i keep my GBA Saves on the R4? Because the save sistem on XG Flash is ridiculous. Tks

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It works if you have a flashcart that can boot in NDS mode. You cant make it work with a GBA mode card.
hate2.gif

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish people would realize currently the Browser only works with the supercard, m3, and official ram expansion.

Of course we realize this. However, I think there are still a lot of things that people would want to happen. Unless the architecture of the card truly limits it then I don't see why the RAM on the GBA flash cannot be manipulated for use.

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wish people would realize currently the Browser only works with the supercard, m3, and official ram expansion.

I fully realize that triforce's patch/hack was designed for the sc/m3 because that's the hardware they have the I/O code for and hardware to test it on. That doesn't make it impossible to work with other GBA flash carts. It was certainly worth a try. Shame that it doesn't work as I'm sure the XGFlash 256 could easily handle the task.

pwnazar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, but what i wish to know is can i backup my saves of the XGFlash, GBA games to the R4 Memory Micro SD? The Boot Slot 2 function is only to boot NDS games on the Slot 2 cart? I cant see why to have this mode, if the R4 boot all the NDS games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to