R4 can't work with GBA Mode on XG FLash

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pwnazar, Jan 25, 2007.

Jan 25, 2007
  1. pwnazar
    OP

Newcomer pwnazar Member

Brazil
    Hi, i have a Xg Flash Cart 128mb with SlimLoader 3, i've burned the Metroid Fusion on it, Single Rom without any menu, i've started it with the DS on Slot 2, and the R4 unpluged on Slot 1, and it works Ok. but when i put on R4, and load the GBA Mode on the menu, it gives me a White Screen!!

Does the R4 is not compatible with XG Flash products? Anyway, in this GBA mode, if it works, can i keep my GBA Saves on the R4? Because the save sistem on XG Flash is ridiculous. Tks

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The R4/M3 Simply can only boot slot 2 carts in DS mode. It cannot boot any cart in GBA mode, not even actual GBA game carts.

3. pwnazar
    OP

Newcomer pwnazar Member

Brazil

I've said wrong, it is the Slot 2, mode that it is the 3rd in the R4 menu, Boot Slot 2, if this doesn't work, so why it is there?

4. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works if you have a flashcart that can boot in NDS mode. You cant make it work with a GBA mode card. [​IMG]

5. newbforlifes

Newcomer newbforlifes Member

It's basicly a passcard, which is not used for gba flash carts.

6. N3CR0P57

Newcomer N3CR0P57 Advanced Member

Canada
    And yes, the R4 WILL load DS games on the XGFlash. Shocked the hell out of me !!!
    Now if only I could get my XGFlash 256 & R4 to work with DS browser, I'd be one happy somebitch.

7. kirra

Member kirra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    N3CR0P57,

If you can get the DS browser to work for your XGFlash 256 please share! Cause I have a X-Rom 512 Mb (64MB)!

8. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wish people would realize currently the Browser only works with the supercard, m3, and official ram expansion.

9. kirra

Member kirra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Of course we realize this. However, I think there are still a lot of things that people would want to happen. Unless the architecture of the card truly limits it then I don't see why the RAM on the GBA flash cannot be manipulated for use.

10. N3CR0P57

Newcomer N3CR0P57 Advanced Member

Canada
    I fully realize that triforce's patch/hack was designed for the sc/m3 because that's the hardware they have the I/O code for and hardware to test it on. That doesn't make it impossible to work with other GBA flash carts. It was certainly worth a try. Shame that it doesn't work as I'm sure the XGFlash 256 could easily handle the task.

11. pwnazar
    OP

Newcomer pwnazar Member

Brazil
    Ok, but what i wish to know is can i backup my saves of the XGFlash, GBA games to the R4 Memory Micro SD? The Boot Slot 2 function is only to boot NDS games on the Slot 2 cart? I cant see why to have this mode, if the R4 boot all the NDS games