-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OMG. I just tested the expansion pack with my retail Rockman ZX cart. And guess what? IT WORKED! Just flawlessly. So, the problem lies with how R4 handles GBA linkage, or doesn't handle it at all.

I used RMZ4 rom patched with EZ4 client, I flashed it to the expansion with R4, then used original Rockman ZX cart and it linked. Hovewever, R4 can't find RMZ4! I bet, it won't find even the original one! Duh, gonna test it on my DS-X then.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gonna test it on my DS-X then.

Please report your findings. I have had success using the DSGBA linkage with the M3 Simply and F2A for dipstar and Castlevania DoS, so it does work to some extent at least. I'm very interested to find out if the DS-X handles it better.

EDIT: I just tried the linkage with Megaman ZX (I couldn't find a save for Rockman ZX) and Megaman Zero 3 with the M3 Simply & F2A, and it worked just fine. The problem is not fundamental to the R4/Simply.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tested it many times. Used R4, DS-X and the original Rockman ZX cart. All 3 devices have the same save. Only the original cart linked to the expansion pack. DS-X or R4 didn't.

2 destructobot, is your DS flashed? That very well may be the case.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, just a standard DS lite. Is yours flashed?

It seems to me that your Rockman ZX rom is most likely to blame for this problem. What is the CRC of your Rockman ZX.nds file? I'll check it against mine.

If you want to post your Rockman ZX save, I'll see if I can get linkage to work with my rockman roms.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, just a standard DS lite. Is yours flashed?

It seems to me that your Rockman ZX rom is most likely to blame for this problem. What is the CRC of your Rockman ZX.nds file? I'll check it against mine.

If you want to post your Rockman ZX save, I'll see if I can get linkage to work with my rockman roms.
Mine's not flashed too. The CRC32 of my rom is B577BBE0. It's from a clean set, it has to be perfect.

I'll upload the save a bit later.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I haven't fiddled with linkage at all so I have a question... is what it unlocks usually based on the save game data or strictly the ROM itself? And if it is the save game data... does the game that is having a problem have a weird/newer save chip? I know F2A has a large % of the save types emulated directly by hardware, the rest/newest are done via automatic client or manual 3rd tool patching.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I haven't fiddled with linkage at all so I have a question... is what it unlocks usually based on the save game data or strictly the ROM itself? And if it is the save game data... does the game that is having a problem have a weird/newer save chip? I know F2A has a large % of the save types emulated directly by hardware, the rest/newest are done via automatic client or manual 3rd tool patching.
No, it doesn't take the save data in question. I haven't heard of any GBA linkage case, which did.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm getting the same results as -EX- with the rockman roms. (Same CRC BTW) Linkage works just fine with the Megaman ZX & Zero roms, but not with the Rockman ZX & Zero roms.

IMO the problem is not with the R4/Simply, or the 3 in 1 cart, it must be the roms.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question to clarify something for me. Is the 3 in1 compatible with older NDS homebrew when used with the R4? I'm looking to run Heretic and it doesn't come in a DLDI flavour. Thanks in advance, P
smile.gif

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I know that. That was the thingy that Chism did before. I thought there was some archaic tool that nobody really used.
smile.gif

Anyway, to get this back on topic: Has anyone heard anymore about full rumble support yet?

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
^

I don't know if it ever will. The EZ V slot 1 cart is only availble in black so maybe they'll just keep their product line consitent in look...

Kyori Kusagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming that if this R4 + 3-in-1 expansion pack combo worked (if a bit dodgily) with Megaman ZX's GBA linkage (which I'm guessing included imported GBA save data), then it will work for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl's connection to the GBA games as well? Can anybody test the combo on the japanese Pokemom DP release? This would suggest that it would work on the US realease too, I would hope.

As far as alternatives go... does anybody know if GBA linkage would work between an R4 and EZ4? I'm guessing it would require special software to be written for the R4 to make up for the lack of an embedded GBA link feature, is that right? Perhaps some talented coder could slave over such a feature...

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
does anybody know if GBA linkage would work between an R4 and EZ4?
Not directly, no. EZ4 when initially started points to OS NOR wrather than anywhere else. EZ4 does have game link capability though, you put the GBA game first in the NOR and patch the DS ROM with link enabled.

QUOTEAnyway, to get this back on topic: Has anyone heard anymore about full rumble support yet?
Still hacking my way through learning graphics modes and such to get the file picking menu stable for release. Been alot more trouble than I initially figured. Figuring out the slot 1 soft reset hacks to make a stand alone rumble enabler homebrew is not a priority for me right now (though it would be quite simple to do for DS Link as that soft reset is known).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...