Gaming R-Type Tactics II: Operation Bitter Chocolate (Is a translation possible?)

Magitek111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For those who don't know, R-Type Tactics II: Operation Bitter Chocolate is the sequel to the first R-Type Tactics. A localization -was- planned, but since Irem has since gone bankrupt, and it's been years, it's likely that it'll never see the light of day officially. I don't have any hacking knowledge whatsoever or Japanese knowlege, myself, but I'm curious to know if it's actually possible to hack and translate, and at least see if anyone's willing to try. The interface mostly seems to be the same as the first game, so there's already a basis for fonts and graphical text from that. I'm sorry if I'm wasting anyone's time with this, or if this isn't something I should be posting but it's one game that I'd really want to see translated, but I know that there's just so many PSP games that do need translating.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
alright, as a newbie Hacker myself, i can suggest the following:
1- Decrypt the eboot, use a hex editor, look for text using these three encoding: UTF-8, UTF-16, SHIFT-JIS. The eboot mostly contains the system text, as in the game errors and save/load strings, but sometimes it contains most of the strings of the game (ex: digimon adventure)
2- Search the content of user folder inside the game backup, check for file extentions (if packed), or maybe you could list the content of the user folder here and wait for someone who can help you.
3- there is no 3, idk what i can help you, but you should check the two above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la