Hacking R.I.P. Public CDNSP Cert. as Nintendo Getting Better

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without a Nand backup here is the way I see it. A. You can clean up as much as you can to go legit and *hope* you don’t get banned. B. Stay offline completely, continue on with SXOS and *hope* the community comes up with solutions in the future.

Personally I would choose B.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i dont even have a switch yet(waiting on atmosphere to release) But i have been collecting releases for a while. From what im reading all the "BBB" releases are still good to go right?

aln1k0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use my own Switch's cert to download using Bob's utility? I can still download using the public one but the speed is just horrible and I need to keep resuming by clicking Download all in the queue window.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can I use my own Switch's cert to download using Bob's utility? I can still download using the public one but the speed is just horrible and I need to keep resuming by clicking Download all in the queue window.

That might be your connection's issue. And do you REALLY want to risk getting your cert burned?

Reactions: -----a

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the CDNSP GUI windows app require any cert injections? I've always steered away from any freeshop type of program on the Switch so I don't know too much about it.

Is it in a usable state? Since you're downloading to PC, I assume it has no connection to your Switch, or am I mistaken?

aln1k0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been constantly getting 6-7MB/s on my 60Mbit connection prior to the last few days when downloading via Bob's utility. Now, it's between 0.3-2MB/s and "...Downloaded data is not as big as expected..." error every 20-30 mins or so. Why would I care about my cert if my console (like everyone else's) is going to be banned eventually anyway?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does the CDNSP GUI windows app require any cert injections? I've always steered away from any freeshop type of program on the Switch so I don't know too much about it.

Is it in a usable state? Since you're downloading to PC, I assume it has no connection to your Switch, or am I mistaken?

Doesn't require an injection, just the cert file itself. It is in a usable state, HOWEVER the current public cert is the very last one and it could be banned any time

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i dont even have a switch yet(waiting on atmosphere to release) But i have been collecting releases for a while. From what im reading all the "BBB" releases are still good to go right?
You may want to research the new iPatched units in the distribution channel now. Getting an unpatched unit is just going to get harder especially if you want new. Start with the stickies.

Last edited by thorasgar,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been constantly getting 6-7MB/s on my 60Mbit connection prior to the last few days when downloading via Bob's utility. Now, it's between 0.3-2MB/s and "...Downloaded data is not as big as expected..." error every 20-30 mins or so. Why would I care about my cert if my console (like everyone else's) is going to be banned eventually anyway?

You do know there are ways to avoid being banned right? Like not going online? Regardless, those issues you are getting are NOT a cert issue. If you get the "...Downloaded data is not as big as expected..." error, download the game, update and DLC separately

Reactions: -----a

aln1k0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know there are ways to avoid being banned right? Like not going online? Regardless, those issues you are getting are NOT a cert issue. If you get the "...Downloaded data is not as big as expected..." error, download the game, update and DLC separately
I thought no one knows for sure what gets you banned. Am I mistaken? I tried downloading games only, games+updates, updates only, nothing changes. I just tested I'm getting 60/60 on speedtest.net and getting over 6MB/s using utorrent. I just selected random NSP to download (1979 Revolution) - 100-300kB/s... I haven't changed anything in my installation folder besides updating .pem file yesterday.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I thought no one knows for sure what gets you banned. Am I mistaken? I tried downloading games only, games+updates, updates only, nothing changes. I just tested I'm getting 60/60 on speedtest.net and getting over 6MB/s using utorrent. I just selected random NSP to download (1979 Revolution) - 100-300kB/s... I haven't changed anything in my installation folder besides updating .pem file yesterday.

It could be the simple fact that a lot of people are using the cert right now and downloading games in bulk before it eventually gets banned. I know i used it a bunch yesterday and downloaded a bunch of games with zero issues

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't require an injection, just the cert file itself. It is in a usable state, HOWEVER the current public cert is the very last one and it could be banned any time
Gotcha. Appreciate the response. I'm content with obtaining the game, update, DLC and installing it the way I've been doing it. Something new will come along eventually.

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No you haven't. By not going online(And doing a NAND back up obviously) you can always restore your nand backup and go online as you please. It's not a "Self ban"

Congratulations, you temporarily banned yourself.

Look at this from the bright side boys, no more update prompts!

Last edited by LightOffPro,
Reactions: charlieb

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't ever intend to sell my Switch, do you?
I have three in my house, 2 OFW 1 CFW. No plans to sell any of them but there may come a time, especially when the New Nintendo Switch is released in the next couple of years. You know like the New 3DS that could actually play the new games reasonably well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox