Hacking 【Qunstion】How to load .map file of Nintendo Switch titles ?

Sorakana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Japan
I want to get .map file of Nintendo Switch games.
Does anyone know anything about this?

(I have so far found a plugin for ida pro that loads map files, but I don't know if it is compatible with switch.)

----------
Of course, cfw has already been installed.
I have an ida pro.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
.map file is generated by compiler and usually it's not included with released games. So dunno what you want to load when there is nothing to load? Game's code is in exefs called "main" and that's usually the only thing you can go with. Very few games contain in romfs .nss file which is ELF with debug section. There are also sometimes NRO in romfs which are similar to DLL.

Sorakana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Japan
Which game, almost every game have a different engine and file format.
Hmm, im specifically assuming about Splatoon2,
Post automatically merged:

.map file is generated by compiler and usually it's not included with released games. So dunno what you want to load when there is nothing to load? Game's code is in exefs called "main" and that's usually the only thing you can go with. Very few games contain in romfs .nss file which is ELF with debug section. There are also sometimes NRO in romfs which are similar to DLL.
When I searched for it, I found a .map loading plugin for ida pro, so I thought it would be nice to be able to use it on Switch as well.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant use it on the switch, that just isnt a thing you can do, and even if it was, it wouldnt do anything. You need to load splatoon 2's executable into ida pro and then load the symbol map. But i dont know why you even want to do that, if you dont know what a map file is i doubt you know anything about reverse engineering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4