Quicktime Hates Me V_V

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, tried installing Quicktime and boom...

qterrorlr2.png

Yup. I'm hit with this right as the installation is wrapping up. The error then rollsback the installation. I'm on the admin account, btw.

I'm guessing it has to do with my reg keys or some shit like that but I know nothing about those kind of things. I don't wanna mess around with stuff that I have no idea about.

Anyone care to help walk me through the process of removing this error so I can install Quicktime?
unsure.gif

Thanks in Advance!
happy.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution: dont use quicktime.

Other solution: press windowskey + r; type regedit and press enter; navigate to the erronious registry and see if you can give it more permission

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quiktime is the lamest video player i've ever used. So slow and heavy. I just have it on my pc because it's needed for itunes which is great. For video's use Gom player Plays truly EVERY kind of video and it's so fast,free and works like a charm

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quiktime is the lamest video player i've ever used. So slow and heavy. I just have it on my pc because it's needed for itunes which is great.
I agree wholeheartedly but need it for the same reason... i-fucking-Tunes...
frown.gif

I hate Apple.
mad.gif

Reason is I may be getting an iPod soon, remember I had a Shuffle earlier this year but every iTunes/music-onto-iPod-alternative program I used required me to start up my iPod with iTunes at least once (I think a pair of some stupid files had to be written to the iPod or something in order for me to use it with a number of alternative proggys, which kind of defeats the purpose...)
sleep.gif

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could always try to create the key manually and see if it'll just edit it. Or try searching google and see if anyone else has the same problem.

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution: dont use quicktime.

Other solution: press windowskey + r; type regedit and press enter; navigate to the erronious registry and see if you can give it more permission
Navigated to the key and can get all the way down to QuicktimePlayerLib.QuicktimePlayerApp/ but when I click on the CLSID folder (the folder I have to modify) I get this:

qtregkerrorbx3.png

frown.gif

EDIT: It should also be noted that the other folder in the QuicktimePlayerLib.QuicktimePlayerApp/ directory, CurVer, gives me the same error message when I select it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e