Homebrew Quicknes emulator issue

Deleted member 414182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed retroarch with quicknes emulator on my 3ds. When I go to scan directories it crashes back to the home screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed retroarch with quicknes emulator on my 3ds. When I go to scan directories it crashes back to the home screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
I'm using QuickNES and I don't have this issue(I have a 2DS). What build are you using? Latest stable or nightlies? 3dsx or CIA?

Also by home screen you mean the home screen of QuickNES and not the 3DS Home Menu, correct?

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Defaultio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this issue as well.

I think i fixed it by updating.

If it is updated, try the .3dsx version, unless you're using that.

If you have CFW then you could use the .cia version.

I don't really know if it will solve all the problems, but first thing you should immediately do is check for updates.

Or try to Google it.

Deleted member 414182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using QuickNES and I don't have this issue(I have a 2DS). What build are you using? Latest stable or nightlies? 3dsx or CIA?

Also by home screen you mean the home screen of QuickNES and not the 3DS Home Menu, correct?

I'm on an O3ds xl. Used both most current stable and nightly. Both do the same thing. Also using the cias. It exits to 3ds home screen. If I load content and pick the ROMs they run fine but missing a save file after saving a game. I can save state and load the save state through load content but not by scanning directories. I have also accidentally upgraded to 11.3.00 not knowing there was a new system update. Good thing I updated luma3DS before hand.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on an O3ds xl. Used both most current stable and nightly. Both do the same thing. Also using the cias. It exits to 3ds home screen. If I load content and pick the ROMs they run fine but missing a save file after saving a game. I can save state and load the save state through load content but not by scanning directories. I have also accidentally upgraded to 11.3.00 not knowing there was a new system update. Good thing I updated luma3DS before hand.
You won't be able to load a save state through the directories, I believe a ROM has to be loaded to load a save state.

Deleted member 414182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can load ROMs through the "Load Content" on the main menu, I have to look through the files and get to my NES ROMS folder then choose the ROM I want to load. If I scroll over to Import Content and scan that folder (or any folder for that matter) I get "An error has occurred..." message that reloads to the 3ds home screen. The ROMs play fine but no saved game files created and I have to use the save state from within the ROM to save my game.
I am using Libretro QuickNES 1.4.1 1.0 WIP f7238df

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do I need to have the retroarch_3ds.CIA installed also? I installed it but it just gives a black screen. I tried other emulators but my games didn't play well in them so I didn't bother trying to scan directories. If I have hacked ROMs will those still show up? I have them named after the original game that was hacked. Take for instance I have a hacked version of metroid and left the name alone but it is actually Metroid Rogue Dawn. It plays great so no issue there, just cant make the directory stick.

OK I figured out my problem...I was not downloading the newest updates (which were at the bottom of the list on the site)...I still have to download some thumbnails for the games I have and add them in manually. I have not figured out how to add the games to a collection but I was able to add my directory "NES ROMS" to the list under load content. I wish this would find and download the information for the roms like on pc but I digress and will say good night... Thanks guys for helping a half senile old man figure this crap out.

Last edited by Deleted member 414182,

Joshsouza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I figured out my problem...I was not downloading the newest updates (which were at the bottom of the list on the site)...I still have to download some thumbnails for the games I have and add them in manually. I have not figured out how to add the games to a collection but I was able to add my directory "NES ROMS" to the list under load content. I wish this would find and download the information for the roms like on pc but I digress and will say good night... Thanks guys for helping a half senile old man figure this crap out.[/QUOTE said:
Can you elaborate on which build you updated to? I am having the exact same problem but updating to the latest nightly had no effect...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: