OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. first post here on gbatemp.
im wondering if i should get the dstt for my backups

i have a dslite so i get dstt for like 6 bucks on Dx.com or should i get something else newer/cheaper?

i really don't know too much about what's new or not so be easy
biggrin.gif

thanks

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTT and I've had no problems with it. Many here will tell you to get an Acekard, instead, but I don't know....my DSTT has played everything I've thrown at it so far (some games do need to be patched or have cheats enabled to play, though) and the build quality seems very sturdy. I like it!
smile.gif

skshayne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think the DSTT for $6 will be as cheap as you can find for a DS flash cart. The DSTT is a good card from what I've gathered after using it for a while, and plays all games that I've loaded. If you want something to play MP3's and such then you can download a homebrew app for that.

So far, my DSTT is working great and I would suggest it to you. The only thing is I haven't tried any other flash carts.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT is the cheapest, and DealExtreme is about the cheapest website from which to buy one. The Acekard 2.1 is about $5 more at DealExtreme. In my opinion, the Acekard 2.1 is a better choice for most people, and well worth the extra $5.

-Bri

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
A bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Acekard can play Star Wars: the Clone Wars? 'Cause that's one game our beloved DSTT cannot cope with and I'd like to play it.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
DSTT + YS Menu = FTW

I have an Acekard 2.1, R4, DSTT 1st gen. All I can say that the DSTT is a great card if you have YS Menu for the games to be in alphabetical order. DSTT alone is very bleh because of the listing is messed up.

Regards,
Chris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back