Gaming quick question about import pokemon from gen 2 to gen 7 with ultra moon and ultra sun soon to be out

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i want to get heart gold but i'm having a problem if i should or not? how can i transfer it without having pokebank on my 3ds can i do that or not?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought pkhex only worked with gen 6 and and gen 7? i have to look at that.

Three-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought pkhex only worked with gen 6 and and gen 7? i have to look at that.
Im pretty sure it would work, i was able to open a save from the downloaded pokemon gold, and i just tranfered pokemon from white 2 -> Moon using this. You just have to use something other than JKSM for DS games since it cant recognize the cartridges of DS games. I believe i used "TWLSaveTool" to extract the save from white 2.

HughWattmate

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pkhex supports gen 1 - 7. Issue is exporting say gen 7 pokemon to gen 1 chucks an error the pokemon not right format/missing info. Could always just recreate a pokemon using it anyway.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pkhex supports gen 1 - 7. Issue is exporting say gen 7 pokemon to gen 1 chucks an error the pokemon not right format/missing info. Could always just recreate a pokemon using it anyway.
You mean Gen 1 to gen 7... And that's because you can't just go STRAIGHT from Gen 1 to Gen 7 without Pokebank. If you do it properly, and go Gen 1-2, to Gen 3, THEN gen 3 to Gen 7 they work just fine. The data was handled differently in older gens so if you don't transfer them in close order it doesn't assume the data correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head