War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
A friend at school wants me to downgrade her PSP, but it's Phat 2.82... my questions are:

Does the 2.8 downgrader work on this? Or is it strictly 2.80?
Would I have to update to 3.03? If so, I know I need an unpatched Liberty City Stories (which I don't have) so would it be able to do the downgrade using a Liberty City Stories .iso?

If not, what do you guys recommend I do? Thanks!!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A friend at school wants me to downgrade her PSP, but it's Phat 2.82... my questions are:

Does the 2.8 downgrader work on this? Or is it strictly 2.80?
Would I have to update to 3.03? If so, I know I need an unpatched Liberty City Stories (which I don't have) so would it be able to do the downgrade using a Liberty City Stories .iso?

If not, what do you guys recommend I do? Thanks!!
Strictly 2.80. And no, you need an original and UNPATCHED (this means one of the first LCS prints, they have corrected the exploit in later prints) UMD to use that
smile.gif

Now that you have a CFW PSP (yours), you could do easily a Pandora's battery all by yourself
smile.gif

0) You do all that's necessary to do Pandora's Battery (magic stick creation, etc.)
1) You save her battery's IPL, so you can return it to "normal" after you downgrade her PSP
2) You pandorize her battery
3) Use Despertar del Cementerio (last version) to directly upgrade her PSP to 3.80M33-3 (or something like that, don't remember right now)
4) Restore her battery's IPL.
5) Done
biggrin.gif

Remember that you need a Memory Stick less than 4gb and more than 128mb to use it as a Magic Stick
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Doesn't sound too hard. How do I save the IPL though? Can you point me to some Pandora tutorials and such? Because I always shrugged them off because they looked so complicated.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doesn't sound too hard. How do I save the IPL though? Can you point me to some Pandora tutorials and such? Because I always shrugged them off because they looked so complicated.

It's easy, remember to do it when you pandorize the battery using the Pandora's Battery - Battery Maker. You just have to press TRIANGLE and an EEPROM.bin will appear in the root of your memcard, to restore the battery to "normal" mode, you just have to power on your PSP without a battery inside, then plug the battery, and load Pandora's Battery - Batter Maker and press L+R to restore the original IPL into the battery.

As always, I prefer the readmes inside the packages
smile.gif
It's pretty straightforward.
Pandora's Battery Readme:

QUOTE(Pandora's Readme) said:
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Connect the PSP to the PC with the Memory Stick inside via the USB
 Connection.
- Format the Memory Stick using any utility.
- Use mspformat to format the Memory Stick logically.
- Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.
- Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
- Manually create the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folders on the
 Memory Stick.
- Copy the "battery" and "installer" programs to the PSP/GAME
 (optionally PSP/GAME150) folder.
- Copy the 1.50 official updater as UPDATE.PBP to the root of the
 Memory Stick.
- Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application
 will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as
 well as msipl.bin.
- Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
- Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write
 the IPL to memory stick.
- Execute "battery" application on the PSP to modify the battery.
- Congratulation, you are now in posession of a "Magic Memory Stick"
 and a "JigKick Battery".

After that, use Despertar del Cementerio:

Despertar del Cementerio Readme
Installation:
- If you have already a pandora ms, don't do this part. Otherwise,
format an ms using c+d mspformat or any other tool that allows to move
partition to ~250kb from first sector

Remove ms, usb and connect again usb and ms.
Make PSP and PSP/GAME dirs.

- Copy despertar_cementerio to PSP/GAME/

- Download 1.50, 3.40 and 3.80 update eboots and copy them to ms root with
150.PBP, 340.PBP and 380.PBP names.

- If you have a PTF custom theme set, quit it before running the program.

- Use the app under a cfw with 2.x or 3.x kernel (be sure that kernel is
selected on recovery to the correct one (2.x or 3.x))

- Once finished, u will have msipl.bin on root. If you already have a pandora
ms, you don't have to do this step (ipl doesn't changes lol), otherwise,
use c+d msinst to install ipl on ms; or use dd command from unix, or any
hex-edit program to write on sector 16 on the physical drive.

- Now you can delete 340 and 150 PBP's, as they won't be used more; but 380.PBP
will be used for unbricker, so don't delete it.

- Now you have an universal pandora ms ready to go, and you just need a proper
battery. If you have 1.50 kernel access, use c+d tool. Otherwise, use corly149 tool.

Battery and ms will work on all psp and slims to this date.

Unbricking:

- Press X to install 3.80M33.

- Press O to install original 3.80

- Press [] to dump nand to nand-dump.bin. When done, psp will auto shutdown.

- Press L+R+HOME+start to restore nand from nand-dump.bin

Remember to do a NAND dump. It's pretty useful, if something goes wrong.

Downloads:
Pandora's Battery
Despertar del Cementerio 4

Everything is already included in the packages, except the official updaters.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pandora battery program should have an option to save the battery, than you turn it to a pandora than back to normal. If may be better to just use a spare battery and keep it pandora, if you have one. The memory stick builder I used is U.P.M.S emerald or something, I think. It had just like one simple step.

To make the memory stick just use those easy memory stick builders, they take all the hard work out of it. Remeber you may want to stay at 3.80 this time, you can even downgrade your psp too

by the way how is the usb iso thing working for you, War?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... so if I use the UPMS thing, how would I convert the battery to a Pandora? Unfortunately, I don't have an extra battery, otherwise I would have made a Pandora a looong time ago.

I actually still haven't tried the USB thing, mostly because I've been really busy with school and now my friend asked me to do this for her. Not only that, but I would have used it mostly for PSX games, which you told me that method doesn't support.
frown.gif

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... so if I use the UPMS thing, how would I convert the battery to a Pandora? Unfortunately, I don't have an extra battery, otherwise I would have made a Pandora a looong time ago.

I actually still haven't tried the USB thing, mostly because I've been really busy with school and now my friend asked me to do this for her. Not only that, but I would have used it mostly for PSX games, which you told me that method doesn't support.
frown.gif

UPMS thing is just mem card thing, If I remember correctly. Make the pandora battery however way you want. In your case since you dont have an extra, do what I said earlier. The Pandora battery creator allows you to easily switch between standard battery and pandora.

the usb thing comes with nethost, this does support homebrew/psx, but I could not get this to work. You may have better luck. Basically it works just like the usb feature, without the need for a usb cable. You can use it anywhere in your house, as long as your in range of your router/wireless modem. It uses your FIRST network setting in infaustrature mode.

I should also add if you use the U.P.M.S thing, you need to hold the L button down even with a pandora battery to boot the startup code. If you dont do this it will boot your psp as normal. I think this means you can just keep the battery pandora. I have 2 batteries so I havent tested this personally, but no reason why it shouldnt work.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... this seems pretty confusing, but I'm gonna try it out this afternoon. My friend is getting anxious, so I have to get it done soon. >__>

Also, about the nethost thing, I heard it only works if you have a wireless adapter, not a router. I only have a router
frown.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm... this seems pretty confusing, but I'm gonna try it out this afternoon. My friend is getting anxious, so I have to get it done soon. >__>

Also, about the nethost thing, I heard it only works if you have a wireless adapter, not a router. I only have a router
frown.gif
I remember I used NETHOST USB by Tyranid, long back when I still only had my 32mb memcard, but I was using a modded DevHook to load the ISOs from the PC...

BTW, I don't really trust those "UBER ADVANCED PROGRAMMS EASY USE", better stick to the original things meant and programmed by the original creators, and btw, it's pretty easy creating a Pandora Battery
laugh.gif

Don't worry, it's pretty difficult to totally screw a PSP doing this
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So I should be able to do this even without an extra battery or an extra memory card? Cause all I have is.

My PSP, with CFW 3.9 and a 2Gb memory card. Has a battery in it.

My friends PSP, with FW 2.82, and a 2Gb memory card. Has it's own battery in it.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenu for the Mem stick.
Pandora's Battery Creator (Homebrew) for Battery.

All that's needed. The battery creator softmods the battery, and you can put it back to normal afterwards.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ermm... I didn't use that file you told me to, Twiffles, because it came with like a million files inside the .RAR and there wasn't even a readme >__>; So I didn't know what to do.

I don't think I'm doing this right at all... I ran the installer, but it just did the gameboot, froze for a few seconds, and turned the PSP off... is that supposed to happen?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if your using the program that I am or not. The program I used was really easy, it installed all files to the memory card. It took me about 5-10 mins. I think you need an extra memory card, so use your friends and have her backup her save data first, just to be safe. The pandora battery program can easily switch between pandora and standard in seconds. I tried to use the other methods to make magic memory card, but the format program that your suppose to use will not work for me as I use vista. Its up to you but I really recommend the UPMS program, it makes the procress always too easy, but I think it will format the memory card.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got the GTA LCS unpatched UMD. [ M]artin basically walked me through the whole downgrading and upgrading process, (thanks again
wub.gif
) if you'd like i'd ship it out, just pay for shippin both ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.