• Likes 6

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What is the most recent revision for cIOS 249 and how do I install it? I couldn't run Black Ops, and I think it may be the cIOS. I have rev 17 (I followed a guide to install it, and I don't want to mess anything so that's why I ask how to do it) ):

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using rev17 for Triiforce support? if so grab the rev20b installer ---> [url=http://goo.gl/Or6bz]http://goo.gl/Or6bz[/url]
and install to slot 250 using base IOS57

If your not using rev17 for Triiforce support install rev20b into slots 249 and 250 and make sure one of those has base IOS57 the other can be IOS36 or which ever you prefer like IOS56 is a good choice to.

Me i have rev17 installed in slot 249 and re20b installed in slot 250 cause i like to load my WW/VC games from my USB Loader.

Also the best USB Loader to use is Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif
---> [url=http://goo.gl/IWG0p]http://goo.gl/IWG0p[/url]

It has the game fixed now if you want to use WiiFlow the second best USB Loader you need to load it up using one of Hermes IOS 222/223 or 224 depending on which one you used base IOS57 with and then Boot the game up with IOS249/250 which ever one you have base IOS57 with.

This little info about WiiFlow is from what i read i know for a fact Black Ops plays perfect on Configurable USB Loader.

P.S. if your looking for Inf. Health cheat you will have to google "call of duty wii inf health wiird" it's on one of the wiird forums but not on the geckocodes page or for download you will have to manually edit the .txt file and add it.

Posts merged

did i say rev20b is the latest of Waninkoko's cIOS and for Hermes it's v5.1

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
are you using rev17 for Triiforce support? if so grab the rev20b installer ---> [url=http://goo.gl/Or6bz]http://goo.gl/Or6bz[/url]
and install to slot 250 using base IOS57

If your not using rev17 for Triiforce support install rev20b into slots 249 and 250 and make sure one of those has base IOS57 the other can be IOS36 or which ever you prefer like IOS56 is a good choice to.

Me i have rev17 installed in slot 249 and re20b installed in slot 250 cause i like to load my WW/VC games from my USB Loader.

Also the best USB Loader to use is Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif
---> [url=http://goo.gl/IWG0p]http://goo.gl/IWG0p[/url]

It has the game fixed now if you want to use WiiFlow the second best USB Loader you need to load it up using one of Hermes IOS 222/223 or 224 depending on which one you used base IOS57 with and then Boot the game up with IOS249/250 which ever one you have base IOS57 with.

This little info about WiiFlow is from what i read i know for a fact Black Ops plays perfect on Configurable USB Loader.

P.S. if your looking for Inf. Health cheat you will have to google "call of duty wii inf health wiird" it's on one of the wiird forums but not on the geckocodes page or for download you will have to manually edit the .txt file and add it.

did i say rev20b is the latest of Waninkoko's cIOS and for Hermes it's v5.1

First of all, thanks a lot for answering. And quickly
biggrin.gif

I don't know very well what Triiforce is for (Loading VC and WW from the NAND or something like that IIRC), and I'm not using it anyway.

The USB Loader I use is Wiiflow; so, I'll install this on slots 249 and 250 using base 57 for one and... what should I use for the other one? 56 or 36? and where should I install it with base 57? on 249 or 250?

I'll install Configurable USB Loader too, in case one of those newer games (DK:CR, PacMan Party) doesn't work (: (Althought, when I had my HDD back then, I could play Sonic Colors and Kirby Epic Yarn pretty well...)

Also, to install the cIOS I just have to run the boot.dol from Hombrew Channel, right?

Thanks again.

Edit. Also, I have never heard about Hermes' ._. is it like a cIOS from Waninkoko or what? I'm sorry for being so annoying
ohnoes.png

apennismightier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just completed the entire walkthrough on how to set up my Wii using 4.2U firmware. I want to know 2 things:

1. Can I play burnt backups somehow using this method?
2. How can I get my USB loader to work?

I figured #1 isn't possible, so I went the USB loader route. I have a backup of an ISO of Donkey Kong Country Returns off the internet. I used the WiiBackup Manager to convert my ISO to a wbfs file that I assume I'm meant to place in the wbfs folder on my USB FAT32 formatted stick. On my stick, I also have:

/apps
/usb-loader
/wbfs
/WiiBackupManager
Download_Log.md5
ModMiiGuide_USBLoaderSetup.txt

The USB Loader Setup file told me how to backup original Wii games, but not how to get the USB Loader to work It simply freezes with the giant controller logo on the screen. I tried going through the ModMii program and setting up UNEEK +DI I think it was called, and then placing it on my USB stick, but I'm not 100% sure how to use any of that.

Can anyone help a nub out? And please, if you're going to tell me to look at a tutorial, I'd appreciate it if the answer I'm looking for is in there and you're not just trying to be an elitist jerk.

This is kind of frustrating. I've been able to figure out how to basically hack anything from iPhones to PS2s-PS3/XBOX's but I can't seem to get this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using Disc Backups for a while and decided I wanted to try going the USB route since I'm running low on blank discs and don't really want to buy more if I don't have to. I don't have any spare HDD but I do have a 16GB Kingston USB drive that I got for cheap a few years ago. I did some reading and managed to get it set up with the, hopefully, proper files. Now I find that neither Neogamma R9 nor USB Loader GX will read the drive. I tried both USB ports on the Wii and nothing changed. So I'm not sure what's going wrong.

The USB drive is formatted as NTFS, I have a WBFS folder on it that Wii Backup Manager accepted when writing the games to the drive. No other folders on the USB drive right now(all my homebrew stuff runs of a 2GB MicroSD card in a MicroSD-SD adapter, works perfectly fine). The games I loaded onto it were ones that I know work because I've burned them to disk in the past. So any idea why this isn't working? I don't even really get error messages, NeoGamma and USB Loader GX just don't seem to recognize the device at all.

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
If i use wiiflow do i really have to close the loader and re open the homebrew channel if i want to use ios222,223,224 and 250

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Taellon said:
I've been using Disc Backups for a while and decided I wanted to try going the USB route since I'm running low on blank discs and don't really want to buy more if I don't have to. I don't have any spare HDD but I do have a 16GB Kingston USB drive that I got for cheap a few years ago. I did some reading and managed to get it set up with the, hopefully, proper files. Now I find that neither Neogamma R9 nor USB Loader GX will read the drive. I tried both USB ports on the Wii and nothing changed. So I'm not sure what's going wrong.

The USB drive is formatted as NTFS, I have a WBFS folder on it that Wii Backup Manager accepted when writing the games to the drive. No other folders on the USB drive right now(all my homebrew stuff runs of a 2GB MicroSD card in a MicroSD-SD adapter, works perfectly fine). The games I loaded onto it were ones that I know work because I've burned them to disk in the past. So any idea why this isn't working? I don't even really get error messages, NeoGamma and USB Loader GX just don't seem to recognize the device at all.
use configurable usbloader or wiiflow

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porobu said:
Taellon said:

I tried both of those and neither of them can mount the drive either.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Taellon said:
Porobu said:
Taellon said:

I think that you need ISO files if you're using NTFS. If you want .wbfs folder then try FAT32.

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonic0509 said:
Taellon said:
Porobu said:
Taellon said:

I think that you need ISO files if you're using NTFS. If you want .wbfs folder then try FAT32.

I switched it to FAT32, it still won't mount.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apennismightier said:
So, what no one helps nubs here?

I will try to help the nubes, you "nub".

@Taellon:
Try formating the disc with WBFS (wii backup file system) format. You can d/l the wbfs-gui by searching the site. That's what I use with wii-flow. you may need additional IOS installed (I haven't looked to see if you've posted your config earlier in the thread). There's also a good list online that indicates which drives are compatible.

Did you make sure you plugged your usb cable into the port furthest to the right as you are facing the back of your wii?

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The whole WBFS business confuses me so I really don't want to mess with that. And I've tried both USB ports, but nothing has changed.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taellon said:
The whole WBFS business confuses me so I really don't want to mess with that. And I've tried both USB ports, but nothing has changed.
There's nothing to get confused about. Your 16gb won't hold a lot of games, anyway. If you format the drive and it doesn't work, you can always reformat it back.
The wbfs gui allows you to move the files from your pc. It's really very simple.

Your call..

el_spacemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all...

USB HDD loaded games freezing randomly:

I've had my wii soft modded for quite some time, been playing backups etc from pen drives, no real issues. I recently bought a 1tb usb extrenal (western digital), which I partitioned into 2 drives , an ntfs one for general computer use, and a wbfs for the wii (formatted wbfs via WBFS Manager on XP). I'm using cfg usb loader....things go great...except for once or twice every day, the games just freeze mid play. Reboot the wii, no problem for a long time, then bang, another random freeze on another random game.

The WBFS partition is the second partiton...is this my mistake? The WBFS partiton is set as active, btw.

Thanks for any tips.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WD drives come with a sleep timer set up already turned on, I think its set for 10 minutes. To turn it off, u need to install the software that came with the hard drive (or download it from WD website), u may need to update the firmware on the hard drive (the WD software will tell u if that's required and how to do it), then just launch the software, plug in the hard drive, go to the hard drive's settings and turn off the sleep timer.

apennismightier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii knee said:
apennismightier said:

@Taellon:
Try formating the disc with WBFS (wii backup file system) format. You can d/l the wbfs-gui by searching the site. That's what I use with wii-flow. you may need additional IOS installed (I haven't looked to see if you've posted your config earlier in the thread). There's also a good list online that indicates which drives are compatible.

Did you make sure you plugged your usb cable into the port furthest to the right as you are facing the back of your wii?

And yet, you don't help me at all with my problem... thanks.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apennismightier said:
wii knee said:
apennismightier said:

@Taellon:

And yet, you don't help me at all with my problem... thanks.

Ok, first off, you're not going to get help from the community b/c you're downloading pirated games and that's a no-no.
There are instructions for backing up copies of your own DVDs and burning them to disc that can be played on your wii. Also, you can use a usb external drive to accomplish the same thing but you need to do more research. The WBFS is a format type for the drive or partition, not a file type. You can't drop a WBFS folder onto a FAT or NTFS formatted drive.

Now rethink your purpose and do a bit more googling or search on GBATemp and let us know if you're still confusitated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh