• Views 513,520
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Thanks. I would play them from my disc if it were a risk, but it's a lot more convenient to run from the HDD, which is the whole point of having soft-modded my Wii in the first place.

Shadic said:
themanuel said:
Hi.

Are you still able to play your games online, when running from a USB HDD backup, and not risk getting banned?

Thanks.
You'll be fine. Nintendo can't detect that. Just don't cheat. (Infinite Star Power in Mario Kart, so something similar)

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ether and others,

one question left: I have a virgin 3.2U Wii (never installed homebrew, wiiwares etc., except for D2CKey modchip). Can I install the latest Homebrew channel and then keep going to load backups via HDD or should I upgrade to 4.2U? Can I simply follow ModMii thread and the 3.X U Virgin to 4.2 U Modified guide?

EDIT: is there any problems with 1.5TB+ HDDs? I think I might have read about it, but I'm not sure if it's old news.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a post or website that collects forwarder channels?
It seems like a lot of them have been made, but it would be nice to see them all in the same place.

I really like the official FCEU GX and VBA GX ones, and I'm looking for one for SNES9X GX (there if no official one for that one). I've seen some alterantives but I'm still looking.

Regards.

astr0z0mb1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
astr0z0mb1e said:
Hello - quick question.

My question is this. I have installed Wiiflow & used a 8GB SD card to add a game via WBFS Manager & it works fine. I am going to buy a WD HDD 320GB element & want to add my games on there [still have the ISOs].

I have read that WBFS is old news & I should use FAT32. I have tried to search out a guide/tutorial, but I want to know how do I add my existing ISO's to the HDD. Do I need to create a folder after I format the entire HDD to FAT32.

Thank you.
You need to put your games folders in /wbfs folder

So I should use WBFS instead of Fat32?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
Once you format your drive to FAT32, create a folder called "wbfs" and place your files there.
You'll need to use a backup manager to convert your ISO's to the wbfs format to place in your wbfs folder in your FAT32 formatted hard drive.
Your game files will be in the wbfs but your disc does not have to be formatted as wbfs, get it?

I am a newbie too and I am using Wii Backup Manager:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188295

When your ISO's are converted to wbfs format, the size is reduced dramatically because the useless data that is used to fill up the disc, is eliminated.

astr0z0mb1e said:
Sao Mortel said:
astr0z0mb1e said:
Hello - quick question.

My question is this. I have installed Wiiflow & used a 8GB SD card to add a game via WBFS Manager & it works fine. I am going to buy a WD HDD 320GB element & want to add my games on there [still have the ISOs].

I have read that WBFS is old news & I should use FAT32. I have tried to search out a guide/tutorial, but I want to know how do I add my existing ISO's to the HDD. Do I need to create a folder after I format the entire HDD to FAT32.

Thank you.
You need to put your games folders in /wbfs folder

So I should use WBFS instead of Fat32?

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I thought this maybe a good place to post this. I've been looking for help with this issue I'm having for a few days now. If anyone can help me or guide me to any information to solve this, I thank you.
smile.gif
Not having any luck at all.

I have a Western Digital 250GB WD2500XMS-00 USB hard drive. I've taken it apart, and noticed it has a WD2500BEVS hard drive in it. I tried using hdparm that I found suggested through other threads. It seems that no matter what USB loader I use (prefer Configurable USB Loader) and other apps that use my hard drive, like WiiMC. If I don't give my hard drive activity after about 5 or so seconds, it goes into standby it seems. When I listen in, I hear it start to spin down, but then spins back up quickly with a ticking noise (with activity light blinking once). With hdparm the commands to turn off Advanced Power Management and standby (spindown) timeout, seem to work. I know I only need to use one of them. But I can't get the command involving "-K 1" to save the settings to the hard drive. Getting an input/output error. That maybe why I can't fully keep standby off.

oggzee left a reply for me on the Config USB Loader thread,
oggzee said:
Or the ios usb drivers are not communicating properly with your drive, try both versions the normal .dol which uses ios 249 and the -222.dol which uses ios 222.
I'm not sure if that maybe the problem. Honestly, I've only had this USB hard drive for about 4 months. Since then, I've never encounter hearing any noise (like this ticking noise every 5 or so seconds). If I did, I would have posted this right when I got it. Maybe an IOS on my Wii is causing. But I think I'm understanding what oggzee is saying, it's about the .dols for Config USB Loader? I got confused thinking an IOS on my Wii... just not sure.

Please, if anyone can suggest what I should do.
frown.gif

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, quick questions:

1) Do I HAVE to update from 3.2U to 4.2U, to softmod?
2) Can I use a Kingston Datatraveler pendrive instead of a SD card?
3) Anyone know of any issues with external Samsung 1.5TB HDDs? (can't pinpoint its model/USB ID, but probably it's SpinPoint or any cheaper model)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)no all you'll ever need to do update IOS for compatibility which Dop-Mii can do or MultiModManager
2)yes, you do not have to use a hdd to pay backups; you can even use a 32g sdhc card to play backups if you update
3)go to newegg.com great pricing on external hdds should be 50 cents gigabyte; there is a guide for compatibility of hdds

Tubcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Easy question, but haven't found a clear answer yet.

I have a full copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn and it is asking to do a system upgrade to my 4.2u Wii.
I am only hard-modded with a WiiKey2 and do not softmod as I don't have the time right now to keep up with the soft-mod scene.

Are there any issues updating the system via the backup copy on Kirby's game disc?
The WiiKey2 is up to date as I can play NSMB.

??

bookwormzsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Neogamma & it says I have no cIOS es downloaded when I load it. I can't play the new Kirby game & the new Pokemon game.
angry.gif
So, could you tell me what cIOS es to download & the steps to do it in.
rolleyes.gif

astr0z0mb1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

Just wanted to see if Wiiflow 2.2 beat [254] is the latest stable version. I believe that I read it was okay to use, but just want to make sure. Also I see in the APPS floder you have diff options Wiiflow, Wiiflow222, 223, 224 & 250. Do I have to install all of these?

Also I want to add Wiiflow to my HDD & not the SD card like it is now. I have read that I just need to add the apps/wiiflow/docs folder to the root of the HDD is this correct? I still want to use the HBC & I am not sure I can leave the WiiFlow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad on the SD card or move that.

Thanks for all of the help.

Raggak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I recently decided to start using my Wii again, used Dop-Mii to update my shop channel so I could re-download a few games, and now suddenly I can't run any games from my backup loaders? I've tried COnfigurable Backup Loader (newest ver) and WiiFlow (not sure which ver). Both of which just hang on the screen after I press a game (shows the game on screen, and "Please Wait..." on WiiFlow), and it just remains in the backup loader, no buttons work, and I have to turn the wii off by the power button.

I've had backups working before, so does anyone have any ideas?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have some shit with my wii. I am on 4.2 PAL and I want to play Black Ops and TC HAWXS II. BUUUUT After changing the options to English and pal 60 hz. My tv FREEZES at the loading screens.

COD BO: After wii warning Loading with 3 dots.
TCH2: After first movie thing it freezes on loading screen

Wii 4.2E
cIOS 249
Wiiflow as loader
Problem Call of Duty BO freezes at loading screen(NSTC-U)
Hawx 2 same a above ^

Simple:

Call of duty and hawx freeze at loading screen.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maxlwin536 said:
How do you know if you have an NTSC Wii or PAL Wii?

So confusing to hear NTSC and PAL Nintendo Wii's :wtf:

If you have a pal wii, then you have a european/australian wii.

If you have a nstc-U wii then it is an American wii

example: 4.2E=PAL=European
4.2U=NSTC-U=American

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark Langin said:
maxlwin536 said:

4.2U=NSTC-U=American
There is also 4.2J (for Japan) and 4.2K (for korea).

To check you have to go to the wii settings and look in the top right corner.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boof222 said:
Dark Langin said:
maxlwin536 said:

4.2U=NSTC-U=American

There is also 4.2J (for Japan) and 4.2K (for korea).

To check you have to go to the wii settings and look in the top right corner.

Yeah I forgot that srry! Good addition to my answer thanks!

I still wanna have a answer:

QUOTE(Dark Langin @ Nov 11 2010, 06:28 PM)
I have some shit with my wii. I am on 4.2 PAL and I want to play Black Ops and TC HAWXS II. BUUUUT After changing the options to English and pal 60 hz. My tv FREEZES at the loading screens.

Wii 4.2E
cIOS 249
Wiiflow as loader
Hawx 2 same a above ^

Simple:

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark Langin said:
Yeah I forgot that srry! Good addition to my answer thanks!

I still wanna have a answer:

Dark Langin said:

Wii 4.2E
cIOS 249
Wiiflow as loader
Hawx 2 same a above ^

Simple:

To get CoD: BO to run, I'm pretty sure you need cIOS 249/250 rev 20 with base 57.

bookwormzsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have a problem running a 2 PAL games on a NTSC-U wii. When I load the games, they work but they are in black & white not color. So how do I do fix it? In steps please. Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol