Hacking QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 517,803
  • Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vonni said:
I have a problem in regards to online play and Super Smash Bros Brawl, so far I can play the missions just fine and can connect to the internet but I cannot play against anyone. Can anyone help me out with this?
Perhaps no one's playing. It is an old game after all.

icedemon132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

A while ago I modded my wii and was playing backed up games on it just fine, but I havne't been using it for a while and the memory card i was using is now formatted, what should I do to get the launcher back, I believe i was using Neogamma
smile.gif

icedemon132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, i got it all sorted now, but when I launch 2010 FIFA World Cup,

it gives me this

2010 FIFA World Cup

The Disc could not be read.
Please refer to the Wii operations Manual

vonni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
vonni said:
I have a problem in regards to online play and Super Smash Bros Brawl, so far I can play the missions just fine and can connect to the internet but I cannot play against anyone. Can anyone help me out with this?
Perhaps no one's playing. It is an old game after all.

QUOTE(Riley @ Aug 24 2010, 07:27 AM)
Use the latest Neogamma.

@vonni

Just wait a while, not as many ppl play that game anymore. It usually takes me at least 5 minutes to connect to a game.
thanks for your replies, i've left it on for a good 10 minutes and still no opponents. its weird because i can spectate the brawls so there are ppl still playing the game

vame536

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My n00b question:

I've read the New Super Mario Bros Wii thread, but get lost in the mass of information. In short - can I play NSMBW, on a WiiKey Fusion chipped Wii? I have the ISO, and a patched\scrubbed ISO, I've burn't both ISOs to DVD-Rs, they don't work. I've tried loading both ISOs onto an SD card, with WBFS Manager 3.0, and again, neither of them work.

All other ISOs work, that I've tried, when burned to DVD-R.

What do I do?

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question:

When i tried burning brawl, ive noticed straight off the bat that it was bigger than 4.7gb in size. Then i noticed it was a dual layered disc game

with Metroid Other M coming soon, it will be dual layered as well, is there a way around it?

Thanks!

MyBrainIsStew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm trying to play new play control pikmin on wiiflow using an external usb harddrive. Everything loads fine but when i start playing the game i don't have any sound. What could be the problem and how do i fix it? Thanks in advance

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twoacross said:
Just a quick question:

When i tried burning brawl, ive noticed straight off the bat that it was bigger than 4.7gb in size. Then i noticed it was a dual layered disc game

with Metroid Other M coming soon, it will be dual layered as well, is there a way around it?

Thanks!
USB Loader's I guess. You can also buy dual layered discs some places.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii doesnt reads any SD Card

Im on 4.3 and I have tried alot of SD cards and none of them work.

The Wii reads them but says ¨the device inserted cannot be used¨

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Or any solution?

Flibbidyfloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n00b question:

I just softmodded my Wii and have the HBC installed and working. I've got Hermes' uLoader v5.1 installed and working great loading ISOs off my USB drive.
But I want to make channels directly to the games. I've tried Yaulct 1.2 and WBFSMan&Chan v 3.3. But both give me an error about not being able to load the "Opening.bnr" file from all my ISOs.

I've searched and searched online and found hints at the problem, but haven't found an actual fix that I can make sense out of.

Can someone explain the problem and solution in detailed steps? I don't need child's language, just each step spelled out fully and including links to software, command line arguments, or whatever I need so I can make some WADs to load as channels for my ISOs.

Thanks!

== Update -

I was able to use Yaulct to make a channel from the WBFS volume using an opening.bnr from a wiiware game I downloaded. Unfortunately, when I installed it with a WAD manager, it didn't show up as a channel. So then I tried again using the ISO and for some reason this time it worked. The channel showed up and had the correct animations, etc. However, when I hit Start, I get an error on a black screen saying "Couldn't load, press HOME". I suspect it's because even though uLoader works fine, I don't know if I ever got cIOS installed properly. Every time I try to install it I get an error, no matter what IOS or version I select from the options. Maybe the channel needs that to be working?

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 4.3E (through Nintendo's updater) and I'm trying to install Waninkoko's cIOSX rev20b.

For whatever reason my Wii remote disconnects on the disclaimer screen, after selecting IOS 249.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this occurs? I've tried reconnecting the remote on the disclaimer screen but to no avail.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Samurai Goomba said:
I'm on 4.3E (through Nintendo's updater) and I'm trying to install Waninkoko's cIOSX rev20b.

For whatever reason my Wii remote disconnects on the disclaimer screen, after selecting IOS 249.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this occurs? I've tried reconnecting the remote on the disclaimer screen but to no avail.
Have you also tried to select IOS250?

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried IOS202, IOS222, IOS236, IOS249, IOS250, IOS254.

222, 236, 249 and 250 have the same problem.
Selecting IOS254 makes my Wii freeze.
IOS202 works (there are IOSes lower down the list but I haven't tried them).

EDIT: Any idea why I'm having this problem? I've installed custom IOSes twice in the past but I've since updated my Wii so I assumed it's wipe the slate clean.
unsure.gif

Should I just install on IOS202?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Samurai Goomba said:
I've tried IOS202, IOS222, IOS236, IOS249, IOS250, IOS254.

222, 236, 249 and 250 have the same problem.
Selecting IOS254 makes my Wii freeze.
IOS202 works (there are IOSes lower down the list but I haven't tried them).

EDIT: Any idea why I'm having this problem? I've installed custom IOSes twice in the past but I've since updated my Wii so I assumed it's wipe the slate clean.
unsure.gif

Should I just install on IOS202?
If it works it's no problem to use IOS202 for install
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land